The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Determine manufacture year through the frame no.?

Mgrene

Care to enlighten us?

Well it seems the person who "collected" the information bought into all the common misconceptions that are still floating around to this day, and that site might be the reason why.

There really needs to be a site that has up-to-date, correct information. Even the buying guide on this site hasn't been updated in more than a decade.

Well it seems the person who "collected" the information bought into all the common misconceptions that are still floating around to this day, and that site might be the reason why.

There really needs to be a site that has up-to-date, correct information. Even the buying guide on this site hasn't been updated in more than a decade.

Care to elaborate?

Outside of the serial number, if you have original seat belts then the label has the year of manufacture printed, which if they are like mine are faded so its really difficult to read. But that might just be my eyesight has got itself older along with the label? One of the old bits of advice that went around was always check the belt label and chassis year tie up to cover things like a rolling shell rebirth or a VIN plate swap for those who couldn't be bothered to look around for the various places and labels the original VIN was stamped or printed.

So when it says frame made October 1993 then it is a 1994 model?

It was manufactured in Oct 1993 so is a 1993 model. However, it may not have been first registered until 1994, so may be legally considered to be a 1994 model if that is the case. Your ownership papers probably legally specify that information.

A lot of the information on that site is wrong, so I wouldn't take it as gospel.

All the production information on my site is correct.

Well they dedicated one (yes one) line to the VVTi on the tech page, and I believe the tiptronic models aren't even mentioned a single time on the entire site.

How does missing information or lack of information on these topics make my site wrong? Since these topics are of great interest to you, I'll add some more information on them to the site.