The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V160 gears

mplavery

That Anthony Recine was the guy who started a go fund me page and a kickstarter to get money to get companies to reproduce all the bits for the V160 and V161.

Didn't pan out as he didn't get enough funding.

Looks like he found another way.

And that Arnout rebuilds them in Germany.

Theres a company called suprasport that i believe they are both affiliated with.. possibly own? Im not sure.

The pair of them both seem incredibly clued up in design and fabrication though! I have seen afew posts relating to them (mostly Arnout i think) whereby they have been producing new and exciting things.. one of which has been a billet GTE cylinder head and some sort of Vtec system.

Cool stuff

Would be good if someone was able to offer a rebuild service in Europe for the V160 and V161.

Undoubtedly cheaper than shipping and rebuild in the states.

Nice to know someone is looking to resolve the concerns over unavailable gearbox parts. Might help to stave of the panic with owning an ageing Supra manual gearbox.

Would be good if someone was able to offer a rebuild service in Europe for the V160 and V161.

Undoubtedly cheaper than shipping and rebuild in the states.

Nice to know someone is looking to resolve the concerns over unavailable gearbox parts. Might help to stave of the panic with owning an ageing Supra manual gearbox.

Apparently Suprasport do full gearbox rebuilds :)

Arnout van der Kamp is the owner of Suprasport here in Holland. He produces all the billet items for Anthony. It's pretty awesome stuff, billet diff spools, casings, keys, cilinder heads etc.

The Billet Differential Items (34CrNiMo6) are stunning and on par pricewise with the OEM discontinued parts

• 2 weeks later...

From SupraSport

The gears are pretty expensive, here is a breakdown on the current pricelist:

1st gear: 500 USD (limited to 5 units right now, all original OEM Toyota)

2nd gear: 750 USD billet unit

3rd gear: 375 USD (limited to 10 units now, original OEM Toyota)

4th gear: 750 USD billet unit

Billet shifter sleeve (sleeve only, no hub): 460 USD each

Billet forks 220 USD each

I will give discount as follows:

2 gear combo: 50 USD discount

3 gear combo: 100 USD discount

4 gear combo: 200 USD discount

all gears can be combined (you can also buy 4x second gear for example)

if you buy sleeves combined with gears: 20 USD discount per sleeve

if you buy synchro kits (225 USD for a kit) combined with gears also 20 USD discount per kit

If you buy billet forks combined with gears, also 20 USD discount per fork

Just send me your order and I will send a proformo on paypal and we can go from there. I will try to give discount as much as I can! Bare in mind after discount I am selling for cost.

The prices are applicable for V160 AND for V161. I currently only have V160 gears in the making and I will ship next week or week after. If we agree for V161 gears, I will ship those at a later date (details in PM).

For the technical guys out here. The gears are made out of 17CrNiMo7-6. We machined them first, laserwelded the synchro portion on it, then hardened them and then post process (grinding) them to specs.

The hubs we made out of Toolox steel.

I am also offering rebuild service. If your box needs a rebuild contact me. If you don't have a core, I have currently about 6 V160 and 2 V161 to rebuild and sell to you, so a core is NOT required. I can build the box to your specific need, so with or without billet parts. Full overhaul or just repair the main issue. Shipping from me to wherever is very affordable as I have an excellent deal with FedEx. If your box needs to go to me, we gotta work something out (I dont have very good deals on overseas incoming shipments).