The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Vehical Identity help required,?

MikeT

Hi, i am a totally new member to this club and have just bought a Supra twin turbo 6 speed manual, the car is an 1994 of 1995 with Chassis number ?????would love to know what type she is etc can anyone help?

Many thanks

Mike,,,,,

Hey mike - i dont think you can tell much from the chassis number, but on the same plate in the engine bay (on drivers side wing) there should be a series of letters... such as A L F Q Z theses are on mine... if ya can get them, it will tell you exactly what it is.

Hello mate, and welcome.

Try this to determine the details: http://www.ozsupra.qld.org/web/manual/vin/vin.html

The Chassis number shows it as a 03/94 to 04/94 car.

It would really help if you could post up the Model number too, it will tell you the exact model of car. Its at the top of the plate in the engine bay and will usually look something like: E-JZA80-ALFQZ

Edited for spelling

Why?

Maybe they can use your chassis number on another supra to legitimise it..... :(

I have personally come across a black TT supra that was a 6 speed manual but had a model number that suggested that it was a automatic aerotop which it clearly wasnt. the owner sold the car within 2 days of me notifying him.

That site you gave me was all the info i needed, got all the details and delighted, it seems it is one of the better ones to have, i could have guessed that by the way she drives, can't believe how good Supras are, i usually cant get by driving RX7's.

my front light pods mist up a bit with condensation, any tips or cures?

mike..........

My plate reads "and it froze the bollocks off me to get it"

Model E-JZA80-ALF QZ

Engine 2JZ-GTE 2997cc

Trans V160 BO3B

Colour 199 Trim FA20

Plant A22

MODEL

E (Made for Japanese local market)

JZA80 (Toyota Supra Mkiv)

A (Supra Mkiv)

L (Non Aerotop)

F (6 speed manual)

Q (RZ)

Z (EFI & DOHC & TT)

Put them in the oven, split them open and clean them up. Then give up and buy some UK spec glass ones :D

(about £250 from Toyota)

So? You could just make a number up if you know what the valid numbers are. What's the difference? :conf:

Not if you also knew the colour, transmission, model number of the car as well in which case that chassis number would tally up with the original spec.

I'm just speculating here....need some proper dodgy gits to come along and correct me.... :tongue:

That site you gave me was all the info i needed, got all the details and delighted, it seems it is one of the better ones to have, i could have guessed that by the way she drives, can't believe how good Supras are, i usually cant get by driving RX7's.

mike..........

No problem mate, that’s the same spec as mine :)

Best advice I can give is to get a FULL (and I mean FULL!) service ASAP if its a new import. Make sure they change ALL the fluids, plugs (do a search on this), cam belt, gearbox & axle oil plus fuel filter. It may cost £300 to £400 odd pounds now, but will save you thousands in the next year or two :)

If you care anything about handling ditch the jap tyres now and get some decent stuff on there. I recommend Goodyear F1 GSD3's or Michelin Pilot Sports from personal experience, whatever you do tyres are expensive for these cars, but make a massive difference top the performance.

Why?

Because there are too many thieving barstards out there who will do anything to make money. A genuine chassis number looks good on a ringer. Or worse still someone gets false documents and claims the is car stolen and your car sits in a pound for a year while you try to prove it is genuinely yours.

We all know alot about each others cars, from waht we read on here it only needs a genuine number added to thise deatails and .......

We all know when someone new comes along, with in a few days there will be pictures a list of mods, and other details that make the whole process easy. This place is not just a fantastic souces of information for us!!!

There have been many horror stories on car boards related to identification details being posted. You never know who is reading. Cars have been nicked because number plates have been linked to location in pictures.... etc.

There was that board in the USA where a member was nicingk other members cars and floggin the bit back to other members, easy when you know how.

had major service just done and belts replaced etc, has a vg set of bridgestone so3's on it and they seem ok, i had them on my TVR Cerbera and managed to survive, did you get my Q about the front lights, they are a bit misty?

Cheers again

Mike

A genuine chassis number looks good on a ringer. Or worse still someone gets false documents and claims the is car stolen and your car sits in a pound for a year while you try to prove it is genuinely yours.

There have been many horror stories on car boards related to identification details being posted. You never know who is reading. Cars have been nicked because number plates have been linked to location in pictures.

Cheers for the explanation Phil. It seems unlikely on cars of this value but I suppose caution is never a bad thing.

(Why are your posts all in blue text now?)

Well...if you had read my initial post then you'd had realised that these dodgy gits ARE ringing Supras like ours, I have personally come across one example in my search of a Supra. No Doubts people in the business who deal with these cars day in day out can comment on how wide spread this practice is.