The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey!

biff_31

Hi guys, I've been a user on here for a number of years, I first signed up in my younger years when I was about 16 (I think)I'm now 25, anyway my love for the supra hasn't changed, I am now in a position where I can finally look towards buying a supra by November/December. Yes I know this is a owners club but I figured this would be the place where I would recieve the best advice before I throw a lot of money into something I know very little about! Hopefully I can use this forum in the coming months to further my knowledge, so please bare with me :)

Cheers biff!

The first thing to ask yourself is, what is it about the Supra that attracts you? Is it:

a) the looks and head turning / attention grabbing qualities, or is it more about

b) performance and being a track warrior?

The reason I ask is that your spend will be heavily affected by this. You can have the looks and attention with a decent nick NA auto at under £5k (and these are no slouch with a 220 brake 2JZ). If you want speed, power and performance 2017 style you will be looking at a TT6 as a minimum, and beyond that modified cars and single turbo cars. Numbers here start at 5 figures ... all the way to £20k ... and above!!!

Good luck :)

The first thing to ask yourself is, what is it about the Supra that attracts you? Is it:

a) the looks and head turning / attention grabbing qualities, or is it more about

b) performance and being a track warrior?

The reason I ask is that your spend will be heavily affected by this. You can have the looks and attention with a decent nick NA auto at under £5k (and these are no slouch with a 220 brake 2JZ). If you want speed, power and performance 2017 style you will be looking at a TT6 as a minimum, and beyond that modified cars and single turbo cars. Numbers here start at 5 figures ... all the way to £20k ... and above!!!

Good luck :)

Cheers brass!

To be honest I've never really thought about that, but now you've mentioned it I think I want the full package, I see the n/a as not an original and that you can't really tune it as you could with a twin turbo (to my little knowledge). Once i invest in this car I want to turn it into a project, where I can add things to it internally and externally because I can imagine holding onto it for a very long time!

Welcome. Come along to our monthly meetings. You will get a chance to have a ride in all types. Na's - Na single turbo. Very fast. Twin turbos. Manual and auto. BPU's. Best way to get a true feeling for what's out there. Building one from a shell is the most expensive. Where abouts in Lancashire are you from. Sorry to hear mikes is being broken. An absolute brill car.

Welcome. Come along to our monthly meetings. You will get a chance to have a ride in all types. Na's - Na single turbo. Very fast. Twin turbos. Manual and auto. BPU's. Best way to get a true feeling for what's out there. Building one from a shell is the most expensive. Where abouts in Lancashire are you from. Sorry to hear mikes is being broken. An absolute brill car.

Yeah sounds good! Although it would be strange turning up without a supra!

And do you know Bolton, i think it's more greater Manchester but yea!

What do you do at these monthly meetings? And where abouts are they based?

Yeah sounds good! Although it would be strange turning up without a supra!

And do you know Bolton, i think it's more greater Manchester but yea!

What do you do at these monthly meetings? And where abouts are they based?

A belated welcome to the club Biff you can turn up to a monthy meet without a Supra many of us usually do :sly: especially in the Winter months with salt on the roads etc etc so your welcome to join us just keep an eye on the Northwest section for meeting etc we move about with the meeting places to cover all/most area,s as we have members from Preston down to Macclesfield so the Venue is different every month ( usually involves a pub / meal )

Cheers

-Ian-

Hi biff. I only live at tyldesley. So about 4-5 miles from Bolton. We have meetings usually on Tuesdays and meet in the car park of a pub or restaurant. Our last meeting in December was in Cheshire which is a nice run out in a supra when the weather is good. The meeting in January at the China Room in westhoughton was cancelled as it is a dodgy month for many. I will put some dates up for February and see if we can kick off 2017 close to you. (Only cos Ive got a rib deficiency). Hope you can make it. Ray

A belated welcome to the club Biff you can turn up to a monthy meet without a Supra many of us usually do :sly: especially in the Winter months with salt on the roads etc etc so your welcome to join us just keep an eye on the Northwest section for meeting etc we move about with the meeting places to cover all/most area,s as we have members from Preston down to Macclesfield so the Venue is different every month ( usually involves a pub / meal )

Cheers

-Ian-

Cheers ian! Sounds good!

Hi biff. I only live at tyldesley. So about 4-5 miles from Bolton. We have meetings usually on Tuesdays and meet in the car park of a pub or restaurant. Our last meeting in December was in Cheshire which is a nice run out in a supra when the weather is good. The meeting in January at the China Room in westhoughton was cancelled as it is a dodgy month for many. I will put some dates up for February and see if we can kick off 2017 close to you. (Only cos Ive got a rib deficiency). Hope you can make it. Ray

Sounds good! Yea I'd be well up for that mate, I'll keep an eye out for posts! Cheers :)