The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Things I have noticed about this forum

Aerotop Dave

1) When someone has a series of photos to post they do them one at a time in a series of replies, but someone always posts half way through the series with a 'Looking good' reply, thus breaking the sequence.

2) Someone will reply sooner or later in a thread by using 'quote' and just reposting the entire first post (inc. photo if there is one) and simply put 'I like that'. Why do people quote the entire original post when it's obvious what they are replying to? Sometimes it's the very first reply and they still quote the entire post!

3) Some smilies just never get used. Like this: :Pling:

4) Most infrequently-asked FAQ is: can you adjust the headrests? It gets asked every now and then... but not frequently.

5) I identify people by their avatars. Half the time I see a post and think 'Oh, I've never heard of this person, but look they've got 2573 posts'. Then I notice that the person has just changed their avatar. Examples of people with instantly recognisable avatars (you know the person from the pic alone): Supragal, Chris Wilson, Branners, Ian C, etc

:woot:

1) When someone has a series of photos to post they do them one at a time in a series of replies, but someone always posts half way through the series with a 'Looking good' reply, thus breaking the sequence.

2) Someone will reply sooner or later in a thread by using 'quote' and just reposting the entire first post (inc. photo if there is one) and simply put 'I like that'. Why do people quote the entire original post when it's obvious what they are replying to? Sometimes it's the very first reply and they still quote the entire post!

4) Most infrequently-asked FAQ is: can you adjust the headrests? It gets asked every now and then... but not frequently.

5) I identify people by their avatars. Half the time I see a post and think 'Oh, I've never heard of this person, but look they've got 2573 posts'. Then I notice that the person has just changed their avatar. Examples of people with instantly recognisable avatars (you know the person from the pic alone): Supragal, Chris Wilson, Branners, Ian C, etc

I like that (to save someone the bother) :thumbs:

1) When someone has a series of photos to post they do them one at a time in a series of replies
Not everyone, Dave. See my Bambi On Ice thread for example.

but someone always posts half way through the series with a 'Looking good' reply, thus breaking the sequence.
LOL, yeah I'd noticed that too. It seems to happen to Dude a lot but I think that's because he posts so slowly, folks can't tell if he's finished with the pics yet. :D

Why do people quote the entire original post when it's obvious what they are replying to? Sometimes it's the very first reply and they still quote the entire post!
I know what you mean but I prefer that to folks not quoting and then sometimes you can't tell who/what they're referring to.

That'll be because that one doesn't work properly :Pling:

5) I identify people by their avatars.
I don't because I can't even see peoples avatars. I have avatars turned off to make the pages load more quickly.

Glad its not only me that does this :D

I get very confused when people change them!!

PMSL! I think Jake wins the "most quotes in a single post" award there too..
Hey! That's proper quoting there sonny! :D

It's not often I quote a whole post just to reply to one point. I always snip to make it clear what I'm replying to.

Look, look, I actually trim quotes to the relevant part :) I'm honoured you single me out but I change my avatar a lot depending on what comedy in-joke I'm playing up to at that moment. Who remembers the murdered Pikachu? :devil: Might have to put Magneto back after my disasterous RLTC install - Damn you Toyota and your rewiring fetish on the facelift :mad:

The sig will never change though :D

-Ian

I change my avatar a lot depending on what comedy in-joke I'm playing up to at that moment. Who remembers the murdered Pikachu?
I remember it but I never understood it. I guess I must've missed the initial thread to which the joke referred. :(

What gripes my ass are kill stories that are too short :D

Sorry, Ive always wanted to do that :D

Classic post :respekt:

I've noticed a lot of this:-

I've found the best thing since sliced bread but I'm not going to tell you about it

type posts. My imediate response:-

WELL DONT BLOODY SAY ANYTHING THEN!!!!

I've also seen a little of:-

I disagree with what your saying but I can't be bothered to discuss it

type replies. Again my response:-

well why bother posting that into the DISCUSSION?!!!

(Is the only reason we're seeing more of these "what's your gripe" threads down to these emoticons; :complain: and :swear: being introduced???)

hehe, I'm a bit guilty of that, but you do reach a point where you're just making the same points over and over and the other person just isn't getting it and you eventually get to the stage where you think 'Ah, f*ck it, it's not really that important to me anyway' and just give up!

I've found the best thing since sliced bread but I'm not going to tell you about it

type posts. My imediate response:-

WELL DONT BLOODY SAY ANYTHING THEN!!!!

Ahhh, yes I know what you mean. I've got a great solution to that problem....

But I'm not going to tell you! :p :p :p

(Is the only reason we're seeing more of these "what's your gripe" threads down to these emoticons; :complain: and :swear: being introduced???)

And I disagree with this statement too...

But I don't want to discuss it! :D ;)

OH, COME ON, SOMEONE HAD TO DO IT!!!! :thanks: :tumble: :thanku: