The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do Luck bumper help

k222bye

Hi guys.

My bonnet on my Supra doesn't sit flush (see image), so im going to check the rubber stoppers on each side first. But I'm also replacing the rusty bolts that are holding the top of the do luck bumper in. My question is does the stock rubber strip and bracket (see image of diagram they are circled in red) fit the do luck bumper? Mine has no rubber seal I've ordered it from Toyota.

_20170128_173843.jpgPicsArt_02-03-02.46.46.jpg

Hi mate

I never had the problem of one corner being further away, I just had a height issue between the headlights which I needed to put an extra washer one side to match the line of the bonnet

yes you do need to reuse the rubber seal otherwise you have a gap there which does not look nice.

I removed the metal backing from the seal and stuck it to the Do-Luck bumper. The Do-Luck does not have the fixings for the metal backing to fix onto

Thank you! I ordered the rubber seal but i didnt order a bracket for that reason. I assumed this was the case.

Also may I just say your engine bay looks stunning. My bonnet is way out of line on one side. I'll just have to explore all options as to why. I'll try the extra washer method if all else fails. Where exactly did u put the extra washer?

Thank you! I ordered the rubber seal but i didnt order a bracket for that reason. I assumed this was the case.

Also may I just say your engine bay looks stunning. My bonnet is way out of line on one side. I'll just have to explore all options as to why. I'll try the extra washer method if all else fails. Where exactly did u put the extra washer?

Cheers buddy

The washers was just to raise it up a tiny bit so it was level with the bonnet .. you have bolt holes just by each headlight under the rubber seal from memory which I placed 2 washers to raise one side up ..