The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Define to me wide body/ wide arch

Noz

Can someone explain to me please what these two mean.

Because I'm consistently seeing people stick veilside over fenders on and call their car either wide body or wide arch.

I thought both of these was the use of a larger arch and therefore a larger body. Not a minor arch flare modification, regardless of its blending or not.

Can someone explain please [sAD][/sAD]

Can someone explain to me please what these two mean.

Because I'm consistently seeing people stick veilside over fenders on and call their car either wide body or wide arch.

I thought both of these was the use of a larger arch and therefore a larger body. Not a minor arch flare modification, regardless of its blending or not.

Can someone explain please [sAD][/sAD]

Agreed. A full on wide body kit including front, rear and side panel replacement. Like the below, that's true wide body.

http://www.titanmotorsports.com/topsecgtwidk.html

Right okay, makes more sense.

I am fabricating my own wide arch kit from metal. So I suppose this would be termed wide body.

I think the coined term "wide whatever" seems to be thrownice about a lot lately. People rarely go the whole hog, GT300, Nur or fabricate their own wide body.

So what do we think the reasoning is to people adding arch extensions calling it a wide arch? Does coining the term make the car more valuable?

I got the full ridox widearch fully blended and is just to get some big tyres in for grip and to look mean (personal preference I know) :)

no interest in value as not looking to ever get rid (unless anything drastic happens)

But arch replacement like them are surely different to different styles of over fenders dude

Yeah true, not sure where Ridox would fit into the scale as its not really as aggressive and wide all over like the TRD to be widebody but like you say it is replacement fenders for the front instead of just an extension and is a big rear panel so widearch may also be incorrect... I always refer to it as widearch but im not sure what the correct terminology would be for ridox