The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dual on four wheels.

herbiemercman

Hi Dudes, Took my rocket ship for a leg stretch on Sunday, going south on the M6, my oil temp was approaching 80C and i was then at a good speed, i steady up when i see head lights coming up in the mirror, i ID'd the car and it was not one that the heat would have, it was a AMG Merc, V8, 5 litre, i did not know this at the time, we held the speed for a while and then i dropped a cog, he tried to stay with me, but no way, can't quote the speeds but an easy guess.

After 7 miles we both left the m/way and i just crossed the bridge and traveled north.

When i got home i had a whats-app, it said "you need to slow down", it was from a friend who does all our ground work on the sites, i returned the whats-app and this is when i found out what car he was driving, he said i was amazed at how you pulled away at that speed, you must have some thing special under that hood. This was great to hear after spending £5K on the ability to do this. His wheels cost £87K, 3 years old, my bus is 20 years young, great cars. Herbie.

Hi Dudes, I meant a duel, and yes it used to be an N/A but i threw a lot of work and £5K at it last year and it gave me the wheels i always wanted, it is smooth and tight, drives well pottering about, then where you want to take off it does it, the turbo spooling sounds like the back wheels are spinning. Most motorists seem to know these cars and know what most of them are capable of. Herbie