The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heart attack in toyota

Dutchman

I'm currently in the process of collecting all the parts I'm going to replace when it's getting resprayed, thought I'd buy genuine Toyota seals/rubbers outside trim etc to keep everything as original as possible. The price blew my face off £1700 and that's with my friends Toyota discount. I'm still trying to pick my jaw up from the floor :blink: all that money for some plastic and rubber. They're saying all parts for the supra are going through the roof at the minute so if you need anything I'd buy now before it goes completely ridiculous :rolleyes:

As far as I remember the front seal is discontinued and very difficult to come by. Cheeky ask; can you post a copy of the invoice!? Interested to see what you've ordered that brings it to that much!

I'm currently in the process of collecting all the parts I'm going to replace when it's getting resprayed, thought I'd buy genuine Toyota seals/rubbers outside trim etc to keep everything as original as possible. The price blew my face off £1700 and that's with my friends Toyota discount. I'm still trying to pick my jaw up from the floor :blink: all that money for some plastic and rubber. They're saying all parts for the supra are going through the roof at the minute so if you need anything I'd buy now before it goes completely ridiculous :rolleyes:

Not only Supra parts that are expensive ,Nissan dealer quoted me £225 for a headlamp bulb for my 370z and that didn't include fitting:d

I'm serious guys, just the rubber round the doors it's £460 I'll give you an individual price guide once I get the invoice most the stuff seems to have to come from japan as Toyota uk don't stock it, the front seal is still available but it's around 350 :blink:

not sure about Toyota uk prices but the front and rear seal are £150 the pair

Its much cheaper to buy in parts from Toyota parts suppliers in the USA even at $1.20 = £1. The USA prices are about half what the discounted Toyota UK prices are so still 20%+ cheaper landed duty and VAT paid than the discounted Toyota price. Amayama are even cheaper but they will short ship if parts are out of stock or discontinued. I had an instance two weeks ago on bushes that were paid and then refunded but they refused to cancel the remainder of the order which loaded the freight impact considerably on the shipped parts. At least the US suppliers will follow instructions and only quote on parts they have in stock or can source.

For small order I have used Keron and always found the pricing good and way below the Toyota UK price. For larger orders it still pays to bring your own orders in from Toyota dealers or Auto parts suppliers in Japan, UAE or USA over Toyota UK.

not sure about Toyota uk prices but the front and rear seal are £150 the pair

Unfortunately I've already ordered and paid for them but that's what Toyota have quoted me I'll post the invoice once the things get delivered I've only currently got a receipt with an order number on as a proof of purchase