The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk spec supra on carandclassic

Dzowani

Its a bit expensive for an auto would be a good reason why its lingering. The pictures look like the door colour doesn't match the rest of the other paint so it'd be worth checking that the sill hasn't been damaged/repaired. I think I recall it being advertised for £12k before it then got re-advertised for £15k so it is probably a wheeler dealer selling after sealing it off the old man who owned it beforehand. So the car probably owes the trader £10k.

I spoke to this guy back in July when I was looking for one. Very friendly on the phone, he is an ex policeman he told

me and had basically bought it from a friend but found it too uncomfortable for his 'age'.

Ad was exactly the same i.e. All the stuff he was getting done now was the same then. I had arranged for him to show me the car but he cancelled. Eventually I got the original UK reg from him and it had 5 owners and he (assuming he owned it) was the 6th which did not reflect his ad of 'Two owners from new'. The last change of ownership was 2005 so it had 5 owners in the first ten years. I did some more research and found a forum discussion (sorry can't find the link) of someone who had also contacted him and felt they had been misled but he sounded helpful enough on the phone. I would say that the car would warrant a very good checking over especially the paperwork and a long test drive which I am sure you would do anyway.

Perhaps best to make your own mind up but seems strange it has been for sale for so long as rider mentioned. Not sure if it is the same guy selling it now or a trader.

Edited by Rsb (see edit history)

Told me that he was offered 12.7k and he turned it down.

The mileage was 93k in 2006 then it show's on a photo he put on his advert that the belt was done in 2016 and the mileage was 106k :/

Knowing all this info know makes me realiz this car is not worth 15k...

I really appreciate your help RSB/Rider :)

No problem. Might still be worth a viewing. It could have done 1100 miles a year for 10 years so that would tally with the mileage. It might be an honest car but not worth 15k. I paid less than £11k for a better car with less mileage and better history. A red car might be worth more, not sure about the market for UK autos and how much they might bring.