The mkiv Supra Owners Club

An idiot gets a supra

whitz

Hey all

Ive recently got my hands on a mk4 rolling shell thats missing pretty much everything, it was about to get sent off to scrap but i came along and quickly picked it up but as ive been told the fate that awaits this shell is worse then being scrapped :rolleyes: as i will be putting a 6BT cummins diesel in its place (hense the idiot bit)

I am planning to have this built for USC 2017 after ive done abit more welding on the rovaru then mothball it

Ash

16129698_10155001564322710_733249663_o.jpg

Thank god someone's eventually putting a diesel lump in a supra! The haters will hate and it will break the internet!

I don't know what you mean haters will hate it? :innocent: :D

A diesel Supra? Such an iconic car and it's going to have a diesel engine but in it, why a diesel? There is a reason it's not heard of, it's because it's silly ;) :rlol:

Diesel engined Supra = Kill it with fire!!!! :D

This club has gone downhill, I'm selling up... For sale- DJG TT6 £10,000, first with the cash gets the car.

What sort of suspension are you going to use for that?! They weigh half a tonne... literally!

Was gonna say its going to be a tad front heavy! The HP looks pretty low too? Why not stick a V8 or V12 century in? Lighter and damn site faster.

But thinking about it it's your call.

This club has gone downhill, I'm selling up... For sale- DJG TT6 £10,000, first with the cash gets the car.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l515/DavyT/My%20Green%20TT6%20Supra/48C723A8-7160-49C1-AD96-8C07A38AC584.jpg

Sounds interesting, would you accept a half eaten bag of haribo super sour mix made up of only the very best Orange and Yellow sweets as payment in full? Unfortunately I have champagne tastes on a beer budget.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Nice to see you all like it :eyebrows:

Suspenion wise il slap some coilovers on that will no dowt coil bind then il work out how much of a heavier duty spring rate i will need

As for the engine its not all about HP, these just make so much torque which is what im after to basically burn the tyres off the wheels at a moments notice

There isnt much left of the intrior only the main dash rear seat glove boxes and some rear plastics, missing cluster the sounds door cards etc but i will be putting a cage in so no biggy

There is a long list of items ive still got to get LS400 front dics/pads, TT 2 pot rear brakes, ls430 3.226 diff and shafts, brake servo+ master cylinder pedal box's and go from there, already bought recon'd LS400 4 pot calipers to go on

Ash

Even though it probably wont interest a fair few of you here are my other turds

fiat cinquecento 232hp and awd a weekend piss about toy

and my rover 25 that im currently building subaru 3.0 H6 awd il be putting this on hold after all the major metal work is done which there isnt much left to do

Ash

20160711_200630_zps78zdiouq.jpg

20160711_200742_zpsvupmyhbo.jpg

20160703_154810_zpsfizwx2to.jpg

14407939_10154613405082710_1132912483_o.jpg

15934309_10154973413842710_1100143328_o.jpg

The fiat cinquecento 232hp awd sounds interesting, anymore info about it and what you used?

A hodgepodge of 4 different car types panda 4x4 new, 500 abarth, stock and old hybrid electric seicento items along with a few custom parts like billet hubs etc got a fair few images around of the build that i dont really share around due to it being a one off build anywhere

Some parts are slowly tuning up for the supra freshly recon'd LS400 calipers arrived today

This also gets my comment count up so i can PM someone on here about wheels :p

Ash

16409292_10155051642257710_1028075409_o.jpg

Sounds like an interesting project. I've read some of the built threads in the US for the Cummins swaps, they weight a hell of a lot and it won't be a quick car, nor handle very well but I'm sure you'll make it work. Each to their own but always interesting to see something different!

I managed to get from the first pic to the last pic for about £500, but that was mostly due to the incredible generosity of the club members here.

Image211.jpg

976523_10151859164698735_894905299_o.jpg

Sounds like an interesting project. I've read some of the built threads in the US for the Cummins swaps, they weight a hell of a lot and it won't be a quick car, nor handle very well but I'm sure you'll make it work. Each to their own but always interesting to see something different!

I managed to get from the first pic to the last pic for about £500, but that was mostly due to the incredible generosity of the club members here.

looking good to me, people will probably hike the prices up to stop a derv build tho ;)

I should be havign the bucket seats and harnesses turn up tomorrow

But i could do with some help as im currently struggling to find the LS400 pad fitting kit+ pins and same for the TT 2 pot rears, if anyone also has the bolt length size and pitch for the calipers that would be much appreciated

Thanks

Ash

• 1 month later...

Well after waiting up one day i had a thought, its still a bloody good idea

After loosing 2 of my storage places in 2 weeks (shite) ive shifted some of my other items and supra is about 2 weeks away from going into full project mode

Ive now obtained LS400 front calipers 2 pot rears new discs (drilled/grooved) new pads, new Hel braided lines solid lines and fittings all around along with a line lock for the front and all new handbrake shoes+ fitting kit

Few minor interior items have been obtained such as a boss kit pair of OMP trs-e's and harnesses, should have rear lights diff propshaft and driveshafts by the weekend along with the custom made to order 18" steel wheels :D

If all goes to plan il have it down one of the other workshops and build a cage over the weekend in a month when its been prepped

Ash