The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine transplant or na/t

Dave

Budget? Goals? What's the car used for? How much of the work will you be doing yourself?

If I went na/t I could do most of the mechanical work ,if it was an engine transplant then I would get someone to do it.this probably won't happen until next year ,so I'm just fishing for advice .

Cheapest way I think would be to chuck a TT Auto into it

Having owned a VVTI tiptronic I'd thoroughly recommend getting a VVTI Tippy out of an Aristo and fitting if that's a possibility. Loved having an auto for busy roads and flappy paddles (check my thread for pictures & a very brief how to) for fun driving. The VVTI with BPU was an absolute joy

How much power do you want? Car auto or manual?

I would like at least bpu power an it's auto Jamie

- - - Updated - - -

Cheapest way I think would be to chuck a TT Auto into it

Having owned a VVTI tiptronic I'd thoroughly recommend getting a VVTI Tippy out of an Aristo and fitting if that's a possibility. Loved having an auto for busy roads and flappy paddles (check my thread for pictures & a very brief how to) for fun driving. The VVTI with BPU was an absolute joy

I think your right

Yes it's ok scoooter but you can get easily embarrassed ,I would like a bit more power .

Ah i didn't mean that, more that the old usual advice was to sell the NA and buy an Auto TT and the reason for not doing this was because someone was attached or had invested too much money to want to sell the NA.

I get that transplant is favoured here, but it is now £5000 for a transplant (assuming you can find a GTE) and then you still have W58 worries.

Surely at these prices it's just better to sell and buy TT Auto or NA-T (with all the bells and whistles, 5k budget for the conversion will get you a hell of a ton of supporting mods).

Ah i didn't mean that, more that the old usual advice was to sell the NA and buy an Auto TT and the reason for not doing this was because someone was attached or had invested too much money to want to sell the NA.

Ah I see where your going never thought of selling would be like losing a leg