The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Old Supra Owner :)

rolas

Hi everyone, sorry for my language but will try my best lol, im new member but i owe supra almost 3 years now, i had n/a sz but was too slow for me and sold, then bought a 94' tt auto uk spec (lovely car!) didn't do much work on it but want make it nice, tidy and a bit quicker :) Im not a mechanic but im trying do bits by myself in my garage :D

Last year i done front suspension all wishbones, drop links, discs, pads and coilovers...but for this year im saving money to get job done properly,

thats why im writting this post to all Supra Maniacs to get advice, your opinion and help :)

1. I wish go to single now due to using oil, i think seals gone on turbo(s), i got replica of gt35r turbo almost for free brand new! I don't want to run 1xxx hp or high boost etc

just as normal street sunday car, i would be happy if i'll get 500hp ish with stock internals. Do you think is it gonna be enough or good enough???

(i know i could buy used branded turbo but don't want to spend thounands... :/ )

2. Im buying some parts time to time, i got already bigger alloy water radiator, front oil cooler, ARP head bolts, gt35r turbo, but also i need to buy IC, new silicone hoses, braided oil cables, emu ecu, injectors, fuel pump, inlet outlet manifolds, throttle body, wastegate....What do you think, do i need those all parts to run? What is you suggestion about other parts? what else i will need??

3. I suppose to do water pump and all timming belts, tennsioner and other service parts etc when i bought the car, but i didn't :/ ..

What car parts are you using for yours Supras? OEM quality or replacment ones? What brands? I have seen on ebay timming belts (kits) for, £30, £70 and even HKS ones for £200! I know i shouldn't be saving money on thoese parts cos they're important but as i said, don't want to spend thousands pounds,

just looking for good quality=good money :)

I appreciate for all answers from you guys, will help deffo!! If you have any questions or somethin just ask! Many thanks!

supraaa.jpg

turbo.jpg

Hi

Congrats and nice looking car.

The stock engine "can" be good for 700bhp provided it is serviced properly and correct oils and intervals used etc. Naturally the lower the miles the more potential safeguards but no guarantee. You should be fine with your power goals.

I don think you'll need the ARP head bolts, no point taking engine apart for 500bhp. Side mount intercooler from Chris a Wilson or Whifbitz should be sufficient for your power or alternatively go Front Mount. Go for drop in injectors, a larger walbro 485 pump will be sufficient, no need to change inlet manifold or throttle body. Uprated spark plugs are a good shout too.

I would suggest buying OEM parts wherever possible, the trouble is stock is running out and parts are being discontinued. Make sure you do the crank pulley too and front and rear crank seals. Again OEM parts are best. Gates timing belt is recommended. Standard aux/serpentine belt will be fine.

That's a few ideas, other members will no doubt contribute to the list.

Greg

Thanks a lot Greg! Thats a quick answer :D as i said i bought some parts before , didn't even think i will arp bolts, will keep it for better days,

I would go for front mount ic, much better for next steps i think.

Thats a nightmare with OEM parts :/ its very difficult to get them this days...

DO you think is it very difficult to get job done in own garage? I have seen on YT many vids about rebuild, swaps, single turbos etc, i got some mechanical skills but im not a pro :/ just need more practice.

Thanks a lot for your answer Greg!