The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension....

Matt_J

I am thinking about putting standard suspension back on my supra because I cannot get over speed bumps at all.

Does anyone with standard suspension have problems getting over speed bumps?

I think people with low suspension should pay less road tax. This is because they cant use all the roads in the UK!!!!!! Wishful thinking!!!!! :p

I agree, its not until you have aftermarket suspension till you realise how utterly shite our roads are. I was driving through the city centre the other day and the front bumper touched the ground as i almost disappeared down a huge pothole.

I usually weave my way down most roads missing all the holes. WTF is with it!

Its stopped me fitting a bodykit. I dont want to spend £1000's only to have the kit smashed to pieces by the speed bumps & pot holes we have to put up with.

Some of the roads in my area should be be twinned with the Himalayas!!!!!

Never had any problems with my standard suspension and speed humps, and nor have I, since I had Chris Wilson's fast road suspension fitted, which lowers the car a small amount, but I still have a standard front end with active spoiler.

Does anyone know how much the standard suspension is for the N/A supra?

I've still got Geoff Valentis black shocks in my living room, you can probably have them as I'm now thinking about getting yellow replacements. I suppose you really want the springs though?

Never had any problems with my standard suspension and speed humps, and nor have I, since I had Chris Wilson's fast road suspension fitted, which lowers the car a small amount, but I still have a standard front end with active spoiler.

Yep, same here (Std & CW setup) but, minus the active spoiler.

However, we are both talking about the std. UK suspension not j-spec.

What suspension do you currently have on the car ? I am thinking twice about fitting my TEINs now :cry:

I will have standard shocks and springs from my N/A coming out if i do fit my TEINS so could maybe do you a deal on them.

Let me know if your interested

Michael

what's the difference money wise between having suspension changed back to standard or having hydraulic/air suspension put in ?

Not sure what the difference money wise is, but I have been told that hydraulic/air suspension completely changes the handling of the car.

what's the difference money wise between having suspension changed back to standard or having hydraulic/air suspension put in ?

Huge something like tein flex is in the £1200 region air suspension is at least £3000 plus the extra weight of the compressor and tank.

i have Koni Shocks and Eibach Springs on my beastie and i have troubles with most speed humps! im constantly catching the car on them :(

it sticks to the road like sh1t to a blanket though and i try to drive it only when the weather is half decent. if the car was a daily driver then i dont think i could manage!

aren't the tein flex coilovers height adjustable? that has to be the answer really...