The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The SAS Supra

stevegti2

Hi all im Steve this is one of my personal toys its a n/a manual for now ... just gonna update as i do things to it. few bits of tidying up to do to her she has been off road since last summer

so far i have

BBS rx wheels i believe. very light wheels 9 and 10j

s.a.s custom header and secondaries

s.a.s custom 3" exhaust

s.a.s custom 3" intake

drifworks upper rear arms

hel lines ( would never buy again)

meister R coilovers

tt brakes all round

red recaros i made some very low rails for with recaro sliders.

yada yada yada

will update week by week as i go enjoy

Thank you

attachment.php?attachmentid=216590&stc=1&d=1484875529

attachment.php?attachmentid=216586&stc=1&d=1484875471

attachment.php?attachmentid=216585&stc=1&d=1484875465

attachment.php?attachmentid=216583&stc=1&d=1484874003

attachment.php?attachmentid=216591&stc=1&d=1484875546

attachment.php?attachmentid=216588&stc=1&d=1484875489

attachment.php?attachmentid=216587&stc=1&d=1484875480

attachment.php?attachmentid=216589&stc=1&d=1484875500

attachment.php?attachmentid=216592&stc=1&d=1484875556

attachment.php?attachmentid=216593&stc=1&d=1484875568

attachment.php?attachmentid=216584&stc=1&d=1484874003

15803140_374830472873512_8750016144905076736_n.jpg

15625561_1794818274119034_513757377992851456_n.jpg

Edited by stevegti2 (see edit history)

Why do you say that Harley?

I looked at buying a set briefly when i rebuilt my rear subframe last year.

Apparently they are just ebay shit painted orange. The rose joints wear out quickly and the actual construction of the arms are just hollow tubing. Not solid.

When i asked about them on the supra facebook page i was strongly advised against them.. one guy actually posted a picture of his supra outside a petrol station, he had pulled off the forecourt and one of his Japspeed upper arms had snapped causing the whole wheel to cave into the arch. He was lucky it happened at such a low speed.

Id imagine they'd be ok if used on a competitive race car that under goes regular maintenance and requires that extra bit of adjustability but for a road car where they just get fitted and forgotten about I'd rather have oem.. which is what i bought in the end.

I looked at buying a set briefly when i rebuilt my rear subframe last year.

Apparently they are just ebay shit painted orange. The rose joints wear out quickly and the actual construction of the arms are just hollow tubing. Not solid.

When i asked about them on the supra facebook page i was strongly advised against them.. one guy actually posted a picture of his supra outside a petrol station, he had pulled off the forecourt and one of his Japspeed upper arms had snapped causing the whole wheel to cave into the arch. He was lucky it happened at such a low speed.

Id imagine they'd be ok if used on a competitive race car that under goes regular maintenance and requires that extra bit of adjustability but for a road car where they just get fitted and forgotten about I'd rather have oem.. which is what i bought in the end.

/QUOTE]

Well, initially I thought the same as you, but, Littlenum has had the driftworks ones on his car for well over a year now, and he loves them. He's done the ring on them, Dragonball, various track days, very fast road, well, I don't need to tell you how hard littlenum pushes a car I'm sure lol So loads of miles on these.

The first design that driftworks came out with did have the failing rose joints, but since then they have been fitting a better quality rose joint, and I tend to believe it as nums is still good.

The guy you mentioned with a snapped one, they weren't the driftworks ones, they were the japspeed as you said, so nothing to do with the quality of the driftworks ones.

I'm the same as you, and would always go brand new OEM, but they are starting to be discontinued now, so I wouldn't rule out the driftworks, especially now I've let littlenum test them with his life Hahahahahaha.

If thats the case then fair enough! I am aware of littlenums car and driving style so if thats anything to go by then yeah perhaps they have been improved.

Im sure intial models of the DW arms were the same as the JS ones just painted orange. But as mentioned they may well have been improved since.

Still. I would go oem all day every day.

cheers for the input guys i bought the dw arms as i needed a set the next day and they were also a bargain. I drove up there from london and had them back and on in the same day.I was honestly impressed with the fitment and quality of them for the price even the welding was good. Steel tube is stronger than a cast ally wishbone all day provided its made well. as for rose joints i know they do not last long but at £13 a pop i will suffer it and this is only a weekend/track car minus winter minus when im busy so it may do 3-5k a year and spends most its life on the ramp.

quick run down the manifold is 1.5" primaries 33-35cm into 2" secondaries around 65cm off memory 2.5" pinch point then cones out into 3" system. Will be getting dynoed to check afrs as soon as its back on the road so see how it does. apart from that and intake car is stock

is there any particular pixel limit i need to use to get pics up properly i already resized them to make them all under 2mb just to upload

thanks

Yeah sounds like you bought it not long after I sold it.

Needed a bit of love so good to see it's getting some. :) What I did love about it though was the fact it was one the most stock NA's out there. Obviously not anymore. :D

LSD did make some funny noises thinking about it.

I've subscribed to this thread. Would love to hear the updates on this. :)

Crank pulley got replaced about 6 years ago. Had a new flywheel to go in with a new clutch but garage refused to fit it because the old flywheel was still in good shape apparently.

Yeah those wheels weren't in great shape in the end. I had stock wheels on most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update been fairly busy with work have not had much time for the supra. Never the less A new Toyota key and unbroken alarm fob have been sorted. The HEL brake line that just peeled away while not having been used yet was replaced they sent me another no questions asked. i made a tool that i ended up not needing to remove the alternator pulley [GRIN][/GRIN]. and put the front number plate back on.

slowly but surely she is going back together

steve

attachment.php?attachmentid=216914&stc=1&d=1486543959

attachment.php?attachmentid=216918&stc=1&d=1486544041

attachment.php?attachmentid=216919&stc=1&d=1486544041

attachment.php?attachmentid=216915&stc=1&d=1486544041

attachment.php?attachmentid=216916&stc=1&d=1486544041

20170203_191237.jpg

20170206_134750.jpg

20170206_134818.jpg

20170207_164759.jpg

20170207_182218.jpg