The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to this forum. Looking at buying a Supra TT !

Guest Adsupra91

Guest Adsupra91

Hi guys so after having various cars over the past few years I've decided to take the plunge and buy a Supra TT now ideally I would love a manual however I would still be happy with a auto

It will be a toy that will be in the garage in the winter months my current daily is a ep3 which is fun for what it is , however Ive always wanted a supra so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Adam.

It's a tough market at the moment, slim and expensive pickings! But pick a good one and you shouldn't lose much if anything.

A member "chilli" is based in Sussex and thinking of selling his manual so might be an easy one to view?

Other than that personally I'd try and pick up an eBay/autotrader/pistonheads private sale, but be aware that anything remotely reasonably priced will get snapped up in hours rather than days.

Guest Adsupra91

I have only ever driven in a supra n\a automatic which I loved although it wasn't all that quick but it was the way it drove and felt that I liked , I love the sound too , so I haven't even been in a TT yet so I can't wait to get one I'd prefer a manual though , I'm in no rush to buy I just want to take my time do a bit more research and buy a decent one my friend suggested a n\a manual but I'd definitely prefer the TT as I know if I got the n\a I'd be wishing I had bought a TT

Guest Adsupra91

Well I'd rather wait till I have a bit more budget and get a good one I'd love to get a fresh import but I've never really looked in to importing cars , I didn't realise that you can get 6 speed n\a supras, are they different to the getrag box you get in the TT?

I've driven a n\a auto which was awesome to drive but I'd definitely prefer a manual weather it's a TT or n\a I just want a decent one and not a dog

How much would a TT conversion cost these days with the box?

The na 6 speeds use the same box, they have a higher ratio diff to match with the lower power.

If you are 100% re a manual then your biggest issue right now is choice or rather lack of! New imports will be more than your budget due to the poor £, (an Na 6 speed you could get, but tt engines with loom and ecu etc aren't common or cheap either) and private sales are few and far between.

Guest Adsupra91

I see well I'd rather pick up a really decent n\a than a dog of a TT I'm in no rush to buy however , like you said there isn't many about and I'll be looking to buy of the forum , I know people have gone down the n\at route which seems like a possibility however speed isn't everything I just like the way supras look and feel to drive I'd be happy with any supra that's in great condition and well looked after

Guest Adsupra91

Ok mate I will have a chat with them what budget would I need to import a import manual TT? Also if I bought a auto TT is it easy to do a manual conversion?

Have a look at goonet and do some yen to £ conversions :) auctions may well be a bit cheaper than this but be aware that you've got shipping and then import duty etc.

The 6 speed na and convert route, may upset the purist (of which there are very few in the Supra world) but seems an economical way right now, if you can get a good solid engine.

Goonet has a few nice SZ-R's on it but even these are coming in over £10k from my calculations?

Guest Adsupra91

Thanks for all your replies , yes I'll have a look at the website and do some £ to ten conversions, I would prefer a genuine TT if I'm honest even if I have to wait for a while until the right one pops up, I'll be keeping it for the long haul so I want to take my time , I just need to do a bit more research on what to look out for etc , and just get some more general knowledge of supras