The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk 6speed big single

Sezhi

Car sold!

1993 UK Spec 6 speed Supra

Mileage = 138k miles

Full service history (20+ stamps on the service book)

All work receipts from for upgrades (in region of 50k)

Passed MOT 12/12/16 (no advisories)

Works List

Was stock up until about 100k, where it went to SSI Antrim for a rebuild and single turbo conversion.

Stock UK spec 2JZ-GTE blog ock.

Powerhouse Racing uprated oil pump.

Titan ATI dampened crank pulley and aux belt.

Powerhouse Racing billet timing belt tensioner bracket.

Boost Logic crank pulley.

Power Enterprise Kevlar timing belt.

Powerhouse Racing solid engine mounts.

Titan Pro S 10W-50 oil.

Head ported and polished.

Brian Crower intake and exhaust valves.

Brian Crower valve springs and retainers.

Toyota valve stem seal kit.

Toyota head gasket set.

HKS 1.6mm head gasket.

ARP head studs.

Powerhouse Racing ERG block off plates.

Stock UK spec cams.

Powerhouse Racing Street turbo kit comprising heat coated manifold, downpipe and screamer pipe, turbo oil lines, intercooler piping and intake pipe and filter.

Precision 6266 CEA 0.81 A/R turbo.

Envy turbo blanket.

Tial MVR-44 wastegate.

Synapse Synchronic blow off valve.

Powerhouse Racing stage 1 fuel system.

Running approx 600bhp

AEM EMU.

AEM air intake sensor.

AEM 3.5 bar MAP sensor.

Powerhouse Racing boost solenoid kit.

HKS DLI.

Racelogic Traction Control.

Blitz MD electronic boost gauge.

Innovative Motorsports G3 air/fuel gauge kit.

Odyssey PC1200 battery.

HID 8000k low and full beam lighting kits.

Toad AI606T2 Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser.

Tracker Monitor system.

Blitz LM Front mounted intercooler.

Fluidyne aluminium radiator.

Blitz cooling performer kit.

GReddy 16 row oil cooler.

Powerhouse Racing polished radiator plate.

Custom made cold air ducts.

Blitz 1.30 bar radiator cap.

Getrag V160 6 speed manual.

TRD transmission

Brand new HKS LA clutch and flywheel

Toyota flywheel bolts, snap rings, pilot bearing and throw out bearing.

AP Engineering shifter bushing kit.

UK spec LSD.

Royal Purple oil.

Rod Millen 3” downpipe.

Blitz Nur Spec RX cat back exhaust.

Brembo GT 6 piston 14” monoblock front brake kit with drilled discs.

Brembo GT 4 piston 13.5” rear brake kit with drilled discs

Full brake line repipe front and back done 2 months ago

Full new Chris Wilson spec bilstein suspension front and back

R2 front and rear control arm bushing kits.

TRD front and rear sway bars.

Carbing rear strut tower bar.

Tein front strut tower bar.

Custom geometry suspension setup.

Brand new Japan Racing jr3 alloys

8.5x18 et30 fronts and 9.5x18 et38 rears

Fitted on 245/40/18 + 265/35/18 Yokohama AD08R Tyres

Whifbitz front bumper.

Whifbitz side skirts.

Whifbitz TRD style rear wing.

Custom respray in Auto Air Colours Nightmare Blue with Hot Rod Sparkle Purple/Blue mix.

S2000 aerial.

Seats retrimmed in brand new genuine black leather.

Carpets dyed black.

New black floor mats.

Fascia resprayed gunmetal grey.

Pioneer AVIC F920BT head unit.

Phoenix Gold Xenon component speakers in SRD speaker mounts.

Thor Racing stainless steel speedo/tacho/fuel dial kit.

Thor Racing stainless steel clock fascia.

Thor Racing stainless steel aircon dial kit.

Toyota chrome dial bezels.

EB Designs aluminium heater knobs.

EB Designs aluminium dimmer knob.

The car has just been serviced (Titan Pro S every service) and will come with a full year MOT

Front and rear crank seals

Royal purple gearbox oil

New diff oil

New Toyota oil filter

New fan shroud

New gates serpentine belt

New belt tensioner

The timing belt was changed last summer along with new front brake discs on the Brembo gts

Bad Bits

The drivers side door has a minor blemish under the lacquer.

Front bumper has a small crack on the lip. Didn't bother me as I had planned to go back to oem.

Note: I have a standard Oem front bumper here that can go with the car if wanted.

Headlight refurb is ok, but the rings are not perfect (chrome paint). Plan to buy some stainless ring covers from James Norris on the forum once he has all 3 rings available)

Overall the car is running fantastic. Has just had a full check over with Ssi antrim.

There are a few age related marks here and there, but nothing big.

Mileage may go up as it's still in use.

Hope to take it down to the rolling road this week to get confirmation on power output, can post dyno once done.

Car located in N.Ireland, but can arrange to meet any interested parties at the nearest airport/ dock.

It's registered in N.Ireland so no problem going anywhere in uk (our registrations go through Swansea too).

Price: £19,950

If I have missed out anything or you need anymore info/pics pm me

Thanks

Sean

Sills were repaired by Ssi, wheels replaced, new suspension and control arms.

Paint is the same as its not noticeable. I had planned on touching up imperfections when putting on a standard front bumper again but haven't got around to it.

Lovely car mate and a very good price for the spec too. Love the colour.

Did you have the headlight washer system removed completely?

Best of luck with the sale.

/QUOTE]

All the pipes are still there, just plugged off behind the bumper.

Sills were repaired by Ssi, wheels replaced, new suspension and control arms.

Paint is the same as its not noticeable. I had planned on touching up imperfections when putting on a standard front bumper again but haven't got around to it.

I checked with the custom paint suppliers, Auto Air, and the Nightmare blue with purple fleck on your car looks fantastic especially when first applied but it is a blend decided upon at the time of spraying so with this combination of pearlescent blue base and metallic flake (unless you know the original formula and number of coats on the translucent layer) it is impossible to touch up. So if replacing something as visibly large as a bumper you'd need to contemplate a complete car re-spray or to be happy with mismatched or contrast paint.

That's part of the joy of having a metallic hot rod kind of custom paint finish. There are a good many build and experience threads on this car from the former forum owner Golfpro. He had the car for a good many years and anyone who owns a car for as long as he did and spent as much money on it as he did must have cherished it. I'd argue though that the custom paint may not have been one of the better spending choices.

To be honest, I'd always planned to do a full respray in gunmetal grey, mainly as its my favourite color in supras. Just haven't got around to it.

Wrapping would be another cheaper option but although they are supposed to be a lot better these days, I haven't had any experience with it. Don't know how long it would last or how well it ages?

I always figured wrap was only a good idea on commercial vehicles and company cars that see a high mileage that after a few years abuse can then be removed to reveal a near new paint finish ready for the vehicles second owner. I struggle with seeing the point of wrapping a low mileage older car over doing a re-spray. Your car doesn't look like it needs a re-spray so why bother unless there is a need for a paint perfect 24 year old car, I don't get that bit either.

As you are selling it and the paint is essentially fine I wouldn't bother doing anything to it, the only thing I was pointing out is anyone considering buying the car (or indeed any Auto Air painted car) needs to be aware its not a colour you can touch up. Custom pain is what it says on the tin, the paint colour is built not applied.

I always figured wrap was only a good idea on commercial vehicles and company cars that see a high mileage that after a few years abuse can then be removed to reveal a near new paint finish ready for the vehicles second owner. I struggle with seeing the point of wrapping a low mileage older car over doing a re-spray. Your car doesn't look like it needs a re-spray so why bother unless there is a need for a paint perfect 24 year old car, I don't get that bit either.

As you are selling it and the paint is essentially fine I wouldn't bother doing anything to it, the only thing I was pointing out is anyone considering buying the car (or indeed any Auto Air painted car) needs to be aware its not a colour you can touch up. Custom pain is what it says on the tin, the paint colour is built not applied.

A vinyl wrap is a temporary covering great if you fancy a change for a time and unsure if have a full re-spray or would like a different texture etc.

I have first hand experience of wrapping vehicles (I own a signage company) and personally would not buy a vinyl wrapped vehicle because of what can be underneath.

A customer owned a Porsche 911 Turbo that he wanted to sell and realised that white ones fetched more money so had it vinyl wrapped in white upon advertising the car as soon as people knew it was vinyl wrapped they lost interest so it was removed and sold with 24hrs as the original silver!

Also the wrapping vinyl's are mostly guaranteed for 10 years life expectancy but again I have seen many examples of it failing well before that.

Also if a panel was damaged sometimes the full wrap will require replacing because of colour differences in batches etc.

Poor paint prep if the vehicle has been re-sprayed can also cause issues when trying to remove wraps I have personally seen the vinyl bring a layer of paint with it too.

The only plus side is protecting the original paint especially on new vehicles as when removed the paint is a fresh as the day it rolled out of the factory.

• 2 weeks later...
I checked with the custom paint suppliers, Auto Air, and the Nightmare blue with purple fleck on your car looks fantastic especially when first applied but it is a blend decided upon at the time of spraying so with this combination of pearlescent blue base and metallic flake (unless you know the original formula and number of coats on the translucent layer) it is impossible to touch up. So if replacing something as visibly large as a bumper you'd need to contemplate a complete car re-spray or to be happy with mismatched or contrast paint.

That's part of the joy of having a metallic hot rod kind of custom paint finish. There are a good many build and experience threads on this car from the former forum owner Golfpro. He had the car for a good many years and anyone who owns a car for as long as he did and spent as much money on it as he did must have cherished it. I'd argue though that the custom paint may not have been one of the better spending choices.

Whilst matching the paint would be a difficult job if I remember correctly the doluck supra has a custom paint job with flake and Jamesy managed to get the rear quarter panel re-sprayed and it looks spot on.

It may be something peculiar to Auto Air paints where the colour is layer number and layer density dependent and you apparently don't know what colour you are spraying until it dries. There was a thread from the previous owner who mentioned following a collision when hit by another car the entire car was re-sprayed to ensure a colour match. I'd be surprised if the insurer agreed to that if it wasn't necessary.

A customer of mine who paints Lamrettas and Vespas often uses candy coat paint where every layer of paint darkens the colour so the same amount of paint and passes with the gun have to be applied to every surface he also paints all the panels at the same time as he says if he paints them at different intervals it just doesn't match, although he has repaired just a panel in the past and had reasonable results but for a perfect match a full re spray is required. This car paint may have just been made as they went along (adding a bit of this and that even sparkle to the laquer) and I don't think a match is possible reading between the lines although a touch up for chips etc may be achievable but not exact but good enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's provisionally sold, had a clutch failure on my new hks la (local garage didn't fit it right), snapped down on the 3rd gear synchro and buggered it. Gearbox is currently over with Arnout at Suprasport getting rebuilt. Once it's back I have a guy who is waiting patiently for it, though technically it's not sold yet, I'm giving him first refusal. I will update the ad either way once I know.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.