The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garrett GTX RS Turbos

Jellybean

There is this video

I'm interested to see what these new Garrett units are capable of, especially when fitted to a cast manifold.

I also want to see the results from the members who have gone for the Stage 4 Munro Racing set-up. The Stage 5 sounds nice but I think that will be cost prohibitive when compared to going single.

I'm assuming they will only be available in very few sizes, the addition of 'RS' is nothing new, there have been several RS models before, such as the GT28RS 'disco potato'. As such, they will complement the GTX range, not replace or supplant them.

That gt3584 looks like a great turbo though if you want pretty big power.

There is this video

I'm interested to see what these new Garrett units are capable of, especially when fitted to a cast manifold.

I also want to see the results from the members who have gone for the Stage 4 Munro Racing set-up. The Stage 5 sounds nice but I think that will be cost prohibitive when compared to going single.

My Mate has the Munro's on his 1JZ MK3 Supra , he makes good power; what puts me off the hybrid turbo's is the common issue with OEM cracked housings due to age , and you also have the complexity of the Sequential system (VSV's)

I am leaning towards a single kit, Garrett or BW EFR ; the lack of support outside the US puts me off Precision

My Mate has the Munro's on his 1JZ MK3 Supra , he makes good power; what puts me off the hybrid turbo's is the common issue with OEM cracked housings due to age , and you also have the complexity of the Sequential system (VSV's)

I am leaning towards a single kit, Garrett or BW EFR ; the lack of support outside the US puts me off Precision

I have a new set of VSV sat here waiting to be fitted and will be buying another very shortly as spares. As for the cracking issue just keep your eyes peeled for VVT-i sets becoming available when people decide to go single.

How do Munro get around this issue, when Chris mentioned it seem to remember it all going very quite. Will go check now whilst I remember.

Do they make the power that is claimed?

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

I have a new set of VSV sat here waiting to be fitted and will be buying another very shortly as spares. As for the cracking issue just keep your eyes peeled for VVT-i sets becoming available when people decide to go single.

How do Munro get around this issue, when Chris mentioned it seem to remember it all going very quite. Will go check now whilst I remember.

Do they make the power that is claimed?

Heres the Munro racing CT12A High Flow with ported manifolds: (Does not have Billet wheels)

453hp @1.35

1JZGTE Mk3 Supra

95 Octane Fuel

HKS 264 Cams

Who's print out is that?

E2A

I know they have been doing it for a few years now so am surprised at the lack of info available (road videos, dyno runs et cetera) to back up the claims. I don't know of any Supra owners youtube videos showing how the car performs which is a shame.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Who's print out is that?

E2A

I know they have been doing it for a few years now so am surprised at the lack of info available (road videos, dyno runs et cetera) to back up the claims. I don't know of any Supra owners youtube videos showing how the car performs which is a shame.

Its my mates car , check out Bens time attack Soarer , that was the test mule

http://www.timeattackr.com/articles/2016/4/4/timeattackr-ben-lipmans-boosted-griffin

Its my mates car , check out Bens time attack Soarer , that was the test mule

http://www.timeattackr.com/articles/2016/4/4/timeattackr-ben-lipmans-boosted-griffin

Thanks, for the link it's a good read. Did the car make what Munro claimed it would with his spec and is he happy with the purchase? I just don't understand why there still appears to be a lack of real world testing and results.

If Munro have indeed sold as many kits as they give the impression they have or if there are as many Supra's running their set-up as they claim why isn't there more info out there?

You only need to Google Single Turbo Supra and look at the video results, yet when you Google Munro Turbo Supra or Hybrid Turbo Supra nothing Munro related comes up. Disappointing to say the least.

Thanks, for the link it's a good read. Did the car make what Munro claimed it would with his spec and is he happy with the purchase? I just don't understand why there still appears to be a lack of real world testing and results.

If Munro have indeed sold as many kits as they give the impression they have or if there are as many Supra's running their set-up as they claim why isn't there more info out there?

You only need to Google Single Turbo Supra and look at the video results, yet when you Google Munro Turbo Supra or Hybrid Turbo Supra nothing Munro related comes up. Disappointing to say the least.

It made more than he expected , I think he said his Exhaust is causing a restriction too and he needed an aftermarket Map sensor to push it more, but the big issue in Ireland is the Fuel , only 95 here

He did mention he might send them back to get the billet wheels installed , but his car is quick , spins up in 3rd

I will ask about with regards members running them , I think most of their customers are on the Supra Australian site