The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock supra's how many are left??

raddys

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock Supras are just a blank canvas to many and when you could buy a TT6 for £5k at the back end of the last decade why wouldn't you want to throw a big turbo at it and some big plastic, and a great many did. Things have moved on since then and with the cars now fetching strong money its likely to make people think longer before modifying them to any great extent than they would have done in the past with a cheap Supra. I think there will be a resurgence in stock because as you say stock is very rare and rare usually translates to more desirable. Simple comments like, wow and air box show how few are undeveloped and enhanced upon by their owners. We could even see in the future some of the older modified cars running dated specs being reverted back to stock rather than broken and scrapped.

There are quite a few of us around who prefer the stock look. Love your car sir, clearly a very prized asset. Are you looking to sell at any point?

Stock Supras are just a blank canvas to many and when you could buy a TT6 for £5k at the back end of the last decade why wouldn't you want to throw a big turbo at it and some big plastic, and a great many did. Things have moved on since then and with the cars now fetching strong money its likely to make people think longer before modifying them to any great extent than they would have done in the past with a cheap Supra. I think there will be a resurgence in stock because as you say stock is very rare and rare usually translates to more desirable. Simple comments like, wow and air box show how few are undeveloped and enhanced upon by their owners. We could even see in the future some of the older modified cars running dated specs being reverted back to stock rather than broken and scrapped.

There are quite a few of us around who prefer the stock look. Love your car sir, clearly a very prized asset. Are you looking to sell at any point?

I like OEM too but it is everyone to their own although I do not dismiss some heavily modified cars do look good and tempting, modify as many as you like it simply increases my stock cars value!

I have also noticed a lot of people returning back to OEM standard bumpers, side skirts and hockey sticks etc.

The fact is my OEM Mkiv Supra has never gone out of fashion.

I understand going BPU for more power but if I did that I would probably start the I need more power brain going!

Very well put, i suppose 5-10 years ago they were very cheap and like you say why wouldnt you mod it if you only paid 5k for a tt6. Ive seen so many people asking for stock parts recently which is why I wondered how many people are back to stock now.. either way i love them stock and i also love a properly modded one with wild body kits etc.

And with regards to selling i dont think so yet, maybe if the price was right id sell up, but there isnt a car out there that i love like i love my supra, plus shes only on 39k atm so id want a very decent price lol. The only car that could replace her is a dodge viper or a new supra (if it ever comes out) both of which are abit out of my price bracket atm :)

Aren't the front lip (or is it active front spoiler?) and tailgate sun visor optional extras? :p

Front lip is active as its a GZ, yes she has quite a few optional extras but i view them as stock as its a toyota extra (although im sure some would disagree)

- - - Updated - - -

:rlol:

Damn your good ;)

Our 93 UK Auto TT is stock except for some facelift front indicators which in hindsight I wish I never changed now.

I have had my car a long time and when they were pretty much throw away cheap 8 to 10 years ago I thought long about updating it with £10k of mods that would have included visual and engine changes, to make it more current. I went as far as getting outline quotes. With the benefit of hindsight, I'm relieved I didn't do the mods as I'd now be facing having to spend another £10k to get my old spool in a thousand years turbo and wrong profile cams and old brakes replaced with something a bit more current. That's one massive benefit in the cost of ownership of a stock car, there isn't any requirement to try and keep it current and the car is always there to provide someone, one day, with their own blank canvas to work and weave their own personal style of magic. Ensuring those that remain stock will indeed become fewer and farther between.