The mkiv Supra Owners Club

And you thought your car had a lot of wiring

samdale

Just discovered this little lot in the passenger footwell

Along with this.

Thought my ECU was a little bit big. Looks like replacing the dash panel (the task I set out to do) is going to take a little bit longer as I set about stripping all this out.

On the plus side, I does look like my factory RZ is fitted with the uprated sound system. Will find out how much of it works in due course.

Now where're my wire cutters.

Everything seems to be tied in with this type of connector. For all their love of gadgets, have the Japanese never heard of a soldering iron!?

A few discoveries so far.

1: the little Panasonic thingy on the dash that I couldn't identify is obviously some sort of remote for the TV tuner.

2:I've got an excuse for a couple more gauges as it looks like my defi kit comes with oil pressure and temp sensors.

3: I've got a soggy, but not coolant soaked carpet so rain is getting in somewhere. Front left of passenger footwell.

Everything seems to be tied in with this type of connector. For all their love of gadgets, have the Japanese never heard of a soldering iron!?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170111/d0882e49d97e3bde782c3c23c1979bd0.jpg

thats a scotch lock, they come with alot of electrical add on's you buy but I agree with you solder and heatshrink is the best way :)

• 3 weeks later...

And so it continues...

Been trying to id a few things under the bonnet and found one of these.

Google translate didn't help much with the writing on it but I think it says "snake...... oil...."? :)

This is on top of another aftermarket earthing kit...

Getting to a point where I just wait for summer to completely remove interior (no garage/workshop currently) or just find a trusted garage and say take out all wiring that isn't OEM except for defi controller and gauge. [emoji35]

And so it continues...

Been trying to id a few things under the bonnet and found one of these.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170203/c3dfc5f78834370b148d48d14533f1cd.jpg

Google translate didn't help much with the writing on it but I think it says "snake...... oil...."? :)

This is on top of another aftermarket earthing kit...

Getting to a point where I just wait for summer to completely remove interior (no garage/workshop currently) or just find a trusted garage and say take out all wiring that isn't OEM except for defi controller and gauge. [emoji35]

Probably end up with no wiring at all:D

• 4 months later...

That's the second carrier bag full of wiring I've removed from the car!

And I've traced the source of my battery drain. After removing all the aftermarket electrickery bit by bit it turned out the be the ONE THING that I installed!!! The Bluetooth OBD reader. It's so inconspicuous and only has a light on it when ignition is on it didn't even cross my mind to check it until now, d'oh!image

• 1 year later...
Wasn't there talk of after-market HID kits now being an MOT failure, is that being enforced?

I've only read about HID kits and yes it is supposed to be a fail even if the beam pattern is good.

Not read anything specifically about LED headlights yet