The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi im a dirty skyline owner........

Guest sic1978

Guest sic1978

Hi guys,

just wanted to stop in and say hi, i gather some of you guys hold the key to some info i require on emanage blue.

Im afraid i am a dirty skyline owner with a stage 1 prepped R33 GTS25T, just awaiting rolling road when i return from my hols at the end of the month.

I do love a good supra tho! just cant afford one (gotta go twin tubby!)

I didnt wanna just turn up and harrass folk so thought id say hi!

If anyone requires info on newer Emanage blue (1.50 from trust ATM now fully usb compatible, no silly cables) installs ill be happy to help. compared to megasquirt it was a doddle, except the translating of the whole blue 1.50 manual which doesnt exist in english! which i do have an incredibly engrish translation of now thanks to many hours of google translate photos. (except datalogging thats why im here!)

Cheers guys!

Guest sic1978

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome! 1 day ill pick a supra up. Or maybe just the engine!

On the score of the ancient laptop the emanage blue units including the 1.5 use a 32bit driver set. In most cases this would render the emanage useless on 64 bit machines, which my house is littered with but no 32 bits, and carrying a stack outside is.....um..... Impracticle. Im not sure my extension lead goes any real distance for tuning either.

So what i found myself doing was downloading a virtual machine, which must have usb throughput.

I chose virtual box. You will then need a windows xp or 7 32bit OS image which you can get from microsoft download centre, which you can drag and drop into virtual box and then you should be able to run a 32bit OS on a partitioned off part of your laptop.

Then you can download the latest firmware from http://www.trust-power.com, after translating the pages to find what you need, product from list, electronics, emanage. Then i think the latest firmwares are @ the bottom of that page. I guess 1.49 is the maximum for older units and newer will only run 1.50.

Open up the c:\program files\trust folder and find the driver setup in there and install. Bingo it should now work via the virtual computer you can run on your ahiny newer laptops!

Itll still be held back by the OS so what i have been doing is using google drive to store my data then picking it up on my normal desktop to process/analyse data (which both run at the same time so you benefit effectively from 2 computers)

Btw the 1.50 support tool is a new program entirely as it is now fully usb compatible.

Let me know if that made no sense whatsoever!

Cheers again for the welcome!