The mkiv Supra Owners Club

opinions on wheels please..

samm

My tt auto is totally stock as the day it left the factory, it's painted no7 grey with gold badges and gold wheels! I'm not too keen on the gold wheels and was thinking of getting them refurbed and powder coated graphite grey,would it be a mistake changing the colour of the wheels,should I keep it original?

I thought I was one of the only ones with a bone stock TT :O. Currently resisting the urge to go BPU!

As for the wheels, as above, just a colour change won't affect it especially if you're not keen on the colour. Pics?

I have 2 UK 6 speed completely stock cars too, one black and a red one. I feel they are more unique and desirable as completely stock just they way Mr T intended

should only cost approx £40 a wheel, i'd get them

done in the stock silver though

I think the days of £40 a wheel have gone, everyone around here is £60 a wheel these days for a simple colour application. I had mine done shadow chrome silver on black and they were £70 a wheel 2 years ago.

I think the days of £40 a wheel have gone, everyone around here is £60 a wheel these days for a simple colour application. I had mine done shadow chrome silver on black and they were £70 a wheel 2 years ago.

You need to speak to Ibrar, i just had a nice chat with him and he's charging £45 for a 1 piece 18" wheel in stock silver

That's interesting,did they do any special editions?

The only special edition supra made was the 15th Anniversary models, which were US market only. The only difference with other cars were a few '15th anniversary' plaques on the car, and I think it came with a special watch.

You could also potentially count:

- the last year of model production US spec N.A. Supras, which are rare, and the only na Supras fitted with vvti engines.

- jspec facelift aerotop. Very rare, think I've only ever seen 3 or 4. Only available as N.A., and presumably 96 model year only.

Otherwise, the only exclusive Supras are the rare colours.