The mkiv Supra Owners Club

January meet

brassbones

As per my previous post, I can't do a Tuesday in Jan so I'm taking a punt ...

How about the Bears Paw, High Legh http://www.thebearspawinn.co.uk

on Mon 23rd or Thu 26th?

It seems equidistant-ish for the usual crowd and is a nice place. I've been umpteen times. Nice little car park, food not too steep and hopefully not too busy on a week night.

Paul W

• 2 weeks later...

26th is still fine and venue fine for me Paul. Just need to make a decision on what we're doing or nothing will happen. You can never meet everyone's choice of date or venue. And even then something can change a persons mind or stop them coming. That's showbiz.

Sorry to hear that Steve. Didn't know you were having treatment. Hope it all goes well. Well it seems that the venue and day are not easy for most people for this month. Hopefully we can try that venue later in the year. So it's late now to sort something so I am going to suggest the China room in westhoughton next Tuesday 24th Jan at 8.00. The food is always good. The car park is good and we will get a table. If you can make it add your name.

Radio

Brassbones

Mr bean

Sted maybe

Edited by Radio (see edit history)

Not quite. Don't drink cola. Cheapskate. It only dear when you drink 3 pints like you. You could drink water and ask for the fried rice without the rice to save money. I'd treat you to a free meal but anyone who can afford so any cars ain't short of money unlike us poor farmers. Lol. Do you want your names putting down or are you having beans on toast at home. Cheesy beans on toast. Yum.

That's about it buddy. Apart from you me and Paul there was little interest for the date or venue or both. Thought I would try and entice others on a different date and a different venue that we enjoyed in the past (apart from the cost of coke). Sted once told me it's not easy trying to organise venues. Dates and please everyone and he was right. I'll leave it open for a few days and if it seems that no one else wants to meet we can always cancel it. It's likely that meetings will get harder to organise (and no one really wants the job) as less supras are on the road. Perhaps you need to bring both of yours to make the club look like there's more of us. Rick has always wanted a Porsche 997 turbo so his might go and I might sell mine as I only drive it about 12 times a year and that includes coming to meetings that is like pulling teeth to organise. There's a lot more interest in the national events like dragon ball. Demon tweets and shows. Where more supra owners can meet up. Anyway I will check and see if anyone else put their name down and you can flip a coin.