The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM mat and carpet variants

samdale

My car is a facelift RZ and currently has:

Black carpet and black/white/grey patterned front mats.

In the boot I have a black carpet with a sub cutout hole and a black mat with a similarly sized cut out "notch". I also have the sub itself.

As I understand there is some kind of cubby hole on facelift cars instead of the sub.

What other OEM combinations are there specifically for the boot?

If tried toyodiy for part numbers but can't find anything conclusive.

In short I would like:

A list of all boot carpets available

A list of all boot mats available

Which ones go together with boot spacer/cubby box/sub.

Many thanks.

Haha cheers David, all supras have black boot carpets as standard. Some will have the sub cutout and some wont. As for the mats theres a facelift optional extra that sits ontop the black boot carpet. And has a holographic supra logo like the floor mats. As for the sub/ cubby hole malarky. I have no idea.

At the risk of stealing the carpet nerd crown....

This is what I am buying.

I believe a part exists that is the same shape as the sub box but has a cubby box instead. This carpet would reveal said box.

The other type of black carpet is the one I currently have. It has a hole for the sub grill to stick through and not a flap.

You are correct Sam, it reveals a little plastic cubby hole. I have the plastic part that goes under it from my shell and I'm looking to see if it will fit in my supra :)

the part replaces the foam that sits in the well between the rear bench and the boot and just bolts in. I have things in the way so need to mod it slightly.

As a side note on carpets I was looking at a car that has had a colour change (dyed) and looking at carpet options to revert back to the original colour. The OE carpets have been discontinued and the only residual stock I tracked down for new was black and in the USA for $1.2k which did not include the boot and has the foot mat on the other side. There is a site that I found can do carpets in just about any colour you could ever want for $300. For anyone looking to bespoke their interior it could be a solution and you never know they may be open to switching the foot mat to the other side.

http://www.andysautosport.com/carpet_kits/toyota_supra.html

To my knowledge there are three boot carpet variants. The one for pre facelift cars without the sub, which has no cut out. The facelift flap carpet for the cubby hole and the sub carpet with the cut out.

There are also two boot mats. One to fit the pre facelift carpet with no sub or cubby hole and the one with the cut out for the sub.

I have all three boot carpet variants. I also have the optional boot mat without the cut out. I've been looking for a boot mat with the cut out and a replacement facelift boot carpets with the flap as mine is damaged.

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)

To my knowledge there are three boot carpet variants. The one for pre facelift cars without the sub, which has no cut out. The facelift flap carpet for the cubby hole and the sub carpet with the cut out.

There are also two boot mats. One to fit the pre facelift carpet with no sub or cubby hole and the one with the cut out for the sub.

I have all three boot carpet variants. I also have the optional boot mat without the cut out. I've been looking for a boot mat with the cut out and a replacement facelift boot carpets with the flap as mine is damaged.

I'd love the additional boot mat, I really like the look of them! I doubt I will ever get one though

• 5 months later...

I have the over mat that originally didn't have the cut out but the previous owner of my car cut a section out (very neatly I must say) to go around the sub.

I also have a facelift (with flap) carpet that I don't want as it doesn't fit my aerotop properly so if anyone has an aerotop carpet and wants a facelift flap carpet I will swap! I also want the sub too as i sold mine.

• 2 years later...

I am looking for a Boot mat as mine got ruined when battery acid was spilt on it. I have tried quite a few places, but no luck I have a JZA80 2JZ-GE 1997 Japanese import and wonder if anyone knows where to buy one? I don't mind second-hand if it is in good condition. I don't need a cut out for a sub, as my Supra has not been modified

- - - Updated - - -

Edited by Zimmy1 (see edit history)

I am looking for a Boot mat as mine got ruined when battery acid was spilt on it. I have tried quite a few places, but no luck I have a JZA80 2JZ-GE 1997 Japanese import and wonder if anyone knows where to buy one? I don't mind second-hand if it is in good condition. I don't need a cut out for a sub, as my Supra has not been modified

- - - Updated - - -

i've seen a couple of times a guy in Poland (I think) on facebook advertising that he makes these. Not a bad price either.

i've seen a couple of times a guy in Poland (I think) on facebook advertising that he makes these. Not a bad price either.

Do you mean these ones? I bought one a few months ago from him for my Aerotop and the quality is really nice. Had to sew a strip of Velcro into the end so it sat nice and flush against the rear seats, but other than that it's a good fit. I think he offers them with or without the sub cut-out.

image.jpeg

Hi there, mwilkinson

I am looking for a Boot mat as mine got ruined when battery acid was spilt on it. I have tried quite a few places, but no luck I have a JZA80 2JZ-GE 1997 Japanese import and wonder if anyone knows where to buy one? I don't mind second-hand if it is in good condition. I don't need a cut out for a sub, as my Supra has not been modified. Do you still have yours?

Hi there, mwilkinson

I am looking for a Boot mat as mine got ruined when battery acid was spilt on it. I have tried quite a few places, but no luck I have a JZA80 2JZ-GE 1997 Japanese import and wonder if anyone knows where to buy one? I don't mind second-hand if it is in good condition. I don't need a cut out for a sub, as my Supra has not been modified. Do you still have yours?

Hi Zimmy1,

I'm afraid I'm not looking to sell any of my boot carpets at this time.

I did however see this on eBay:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F362633813075

Hi there, mwilkinson

Does it have to be an OEM boot mat?

There is a guy from memory in Germany offering a full package deal, interior front and rear mats and a boot mat. All brand new custom made. Can try and find his facebook page if you want ;)