The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec rear calipers

S.P.R.

I have a pair of UK rear calipers that are my spare set these have been sat a while in my shed so will probably need a refurb.

What are these worth just wondering if they are worth me selling!

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

£200 posted?

Steve

I have a pair of UK rear calipers that are my spare set these have been sat a while in my shed so will probably need a refurb.

What are these worth just wondering if they are worth me selling!

Thanks

Mark

With a refurb about £650+ without about £350/400 Referb kits aren't that pricey.

No way, you can buy them new for less than that.

Where? I've only ever seen kits including pads and rotors for around the £1k mark so the callipers must be around £600? I'm in the market for UK fronts and rears (callipers and rotors) and will buy new so any info on sources and prices is good.

Where? I've only ever seen kits including pads and rotors for around the £1k mark so the callipers must be around £600? I'm in the market for UK fronts and rears (callipers and rotors) and will buy new so any info on sources and prices is good.

Keron has a full set of UKs for sale, as of last week anyway.

Just talked to Keron. None in at the moment but there might be a second hand set in a little while if a breaker comes in. Said the brakes would be second hand (front and rears) £650 for callipers and rotors if in good nic. New would be close to £2k and he hasn't stocked new for over a year due to the price and no one wanting to pay that much.

Uk rears best I could find in a quick search is Yeomans at £315.50 per caliper this is with apparently 10% off, got x2 brand new ones a year ago for £400 so just a 'small' uplift! :rolleyes:

edit after further searching Burrows Toyota on ebay are still £200 for a rear caliper.

I bought brand new rears calipers from Whifbitz only a year and a bit ago and they were less than £400 for the pair

Just to confirm the post I was commenting about only mentioned rear calipers not a full rear setup. And even saying that toyota rear disks can get on eBay for £100 a disk.

A full rear brand new setup could be done for £600 id say

Hi Steve

They cost me far more than £200 so I will hold onto them as spares!

£350 might of bent my arm!

Thanks

Mark

No problem Mark, thanks for the offer. I think for £350 I may as well get the new ones from Burrows Toyota but thank anyway.

Steve

Forgive me if this is a daft question, but do the UK spec calipers come liveried with the 'Supra' emblem? I've been looking to replace / refresh mine as the emblems are starting to fade. I saw some pics online when entering the part number that had the black caliper but without the name so just wondered what to expect? Thanks

Forgive me if this is a daft question, but do the UK spec calipers come liveried with the 'Supra' emblem? I've been looking to replace / refresh mine as the emblems are starting to fade. I saw some pics online when entering the part number that had the black caliper but without the name so just wondered what to expect? Thanks

You are correct supra logos on front and rear calipers my UK cars have matt grey calipers front and rear I also have a new set of UK fronts which are gloss grey metallic so not sure about black gloss as standard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.