The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone used a Carcoon for the Supra?

Supra2jze

I have been using a carcoon size 5 outdoor one to store my mkiii supra since early December 2016 and am very impressed up to now.

My only comment is great for long term storage but not a two minute job to either put it in or take it out.

My missus says its like an alien space craft as its aluminium silver. I have also notice it moves around a lot in windy weather and mine is in a very well sheltered place so make sure you buy one big enough so no rubbing occurs.

One more thing I was very unhappy with the delivery time I ordered mine on their website and it stated 11 days it actually tool nearly 6 weeks to arrive I chased them several times and promised it the next week then the week after and so on it did eventually turn up though and I couldn't find a similar product for outdoor use their is an indoor one that has a frame so can be drove in/out of.

Thanks

Mark

The machine mart (Clark I think) garages look quite good and like a gazebo to use so you can drive in/out.

I have no idea with the carcoon but there are plenty of small problems with the drive in gazbo type I had

Mine was about a foot from a 6ft hedge and it was ratchet strapped to the ground ankers that come with the kit and it was up for just over a year till the garage was all sorted out anyway

in hot weather was like a sauna

In normal day was fine

In frost was like a freezer and even had a very light frost film on the car

In the wind I give it its due with a couple of extra £1 ratchet straps it was very sturdy and had little movement

And for rain was VERY good I put 10 £1 grow bags down over the skirt around the bottom to stop wind flapping etc and the only water that got in was very little that come in under the main door flap as it had no skirt

I know it was never gonna be perfect but opening the door and letting the air move around did help in hot/icey days

I would happily use one again just hopes it's gives you a better idea as a different option

I've been pondering this too.

Not read any negatives about the cartoon double skin outdoor product other than they themselves say the outer skin may need 'reburbishment' (I read replacing) after three years. Also in heavy snow it will collapse so expect to have to keep clearing it off.

With decent ventilation it should do the job properly. They appear to have good resale value too, even old beat up ones are asking good money on eBay.

That has got to be the worst video advertising a product I have ever seen, cheap 80s music and some snippets of a classic car missing large gaps of how you use the product and it working in any of the environments the marketing bumf goes on about. Someone eat cartoon needs a lesson in salesmanship lol

I think unless you can get a car to the side or rear of your property, they are not going to impress the neighbours. Also seems a lot of cocking about.

Glad I finally got a garage after years of messing around with a cover outside. Those windy nights out in my boxer shorts trying to rescue the cover will stay with me forever.

H.