The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where can I get a supra ac condenser

TCZ-Michael

Try one of the breakers. Keron is a usual place to start. I have someone checking out their OE condenser against a technical drawing for a condenser manufacturers part and if that comes in as a match (it is supposed to be the actual OE part - just direct from the manufacturer rather than via Toyota). I'll post a thread with the part number if he comes back and confirms the diagram dimensions and mount positions match his condenser.

In the meantime, start off with contacting Keron who is one of the traders on here.

mine got a few small holes in it , been a year or so now its not worked but tbh couldnt find anything in this country , the station i go to fella seems to know his stuff , at the time there were ones in the states , but the cost of getting it over then the install wasnt worth the fuss and the expense. keron might have one but thats going to be 20 odd years old , how long will that last when fitted . the fella that i took my car to also said he wouldnt fit a used one ,on a car this old.

so just left it, i dont use my car that often so isnt a big deal , but if it was a daily itll be a pita as it mists up a lot in winter and the AC is needed .good luck in your search , keep us updated as i think there are a few in the same situation and anything you find will be good news .

I havent really searched much, but to bring a new denso one over from the US for my NA import seems to be around 250.00. Id happily pay that if mine were to go, its lasted 21 years, and this will probably last another 20. Cant really complain there.

• 4 years later...

The condenser Rider is mentioning here is the OEM condenser and is essentially the only item you should really fit (no idea if there are other aftermarket options). Some US websites probably have a few left from this recent low quantity restock, but as Rider said, they aren't as cheap as they once were. I think I'm going to buy a couple when the next restock comes (if it does, fingers crossed) through RockAuto. 

• Like 1