The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This Supra has been for sale for nearly a year

k222bye

Hi guys.

So I've seen this on eBay for sale, and I swear its been on and off there for a year, I have notifications on for Supras everytime a new one gets listed and this always gets relisted. (im planning on buying one in April next year hopefully).

I did more research on the seller on the forum and its apparently the dodgey high Wycombe lot. :/

That body kit and those wheels should be enough to scare anyone away.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272491178034

There was a genuine blue UK spec for sale on Pistonheads for well over 2 years. Was for sale when I was looking for my Supra back in June 2014! If you're looking at buying I'd steer clear of eBay and stick to the forum and pistonheads.

Yeah thanks for that. Ive joined the forum a bit ago but I've literally just been reading thread after thread on the Supra. I'll be buying one in a few months and hopefully one off the forums. Also i did a search on a plate of a Supra on ebay and it came back with 9 previous owners. I know Supras are old cars but 9 owners?? Rang a few alarm bells for me.

There was a genuine blue UK spec for sale on Pistonheads for well over 2 years. Was for sale when I was looking for my Supra back in June 2014! If you're looking at buying I'd steer clear of eBay and stick to the forum and pistonheads.

Steering clear of ebay is a bit of a sweeping statement. It's just an advertising medium to sell things including cars. Kerons car is for sale on there, should his be ignored too? I got mine off ebay, looked at it before I bought it, the same as if it was on autotrader/pistonheads. Ebay is no different, you just have to be prepared before you look like any other site.

Never buy a car that is advertised on eBay. Simple as that. eBay has become nothing more than a playground for petty cyber criminals.

Based upon? Keron, the well respected forum trader, regularly advertises on there, so hes a petty crim by your book? The ones that drag it down advertise elsewhere too.

The High Wycombe cars may be perfectly fine but it is known the dealership under whichever brand they choose this week are known to be very, very poor.

If you choose to look at a car that they (probably dont) have check for accident damage/repair

The High Wycombe cars may be perfectly fine but it is known the dealership under whichever brand they choose this week are known to be very, very poor.

If you choose to look at a car that they (probably dont) have check for accident damage/repair

As a Supra novice, best thing I could do is follow Mawbys guide and take a mechanic with me to help give the car a good once over.

Giving a car a good once over is very hard to do unless you can put it on a ramp and spend a decent amount of time

going over it.

Taking a mechanic is a good idea but you can still get caught out, things like valve stem seals can be shot but

if the owners run the engine for a few minutes before you arrive you wont be able to tell and the engine wont be

warm either.

Some parts will be impossible to inspect such as suspension arm bushes and brake calipers.

Good luck though and if in any doubt walk away

Never buy a car that is advertised on eBay. Simple as that. eBay has become nothing more than a playground for petty cyber criminals.

I've sold a quite few cars on eBay, including my old Monaro. These cars were only advertised on eBay and no other sites and sold really quickly, new owners were all happy.

It's not that bad on there. You can normally spot the dodgy sellers from their feedback and the quality of their listings.