The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats it worth? ****Toyota Supra 1993 UK Spec Single Turbo, Auto, Red****

Guest james owen

Guest james owen

****Toyota Supra 1993 UK Spec Single Turbo, Auto, Red****

100,300 miles on the clock

The Toyota Supra UK Spec, TT, 1993, L reg, has been in the family since 1997 and has full service history until 87,200 miles and then was serviced/maintained by our local garage. The supra has always been garaged.

Cars location is in the North East. UK

Interior;

The interior is in overall good condition with some signs of wear as expected with a car of its age. It has full cream leather with heated front seats and electric driver seat and original front matts. Double din head unit with satnav. Original cd player/head unit and multi changer box also included with the car. Cruise control.

Exterior / Bodywork;

The paint work had gone a little pink/faded in places as red cars do and needed a freshen-up so I fully stripped the supra and had it professionally painted the original colour, therefore the bodywork and paintwork are in immaculate condition and looks stunning. While the car was all stripped down and prepped for paint the window seals were replaced with new ones. The fuel tank guard was replaced along with the front radiator support with brand new Toyota replacements (Painted gloss black). I also replaced the Toyota badges. Active aero front spoiler with most of the parts also comes with the car, along with a spare pair of facelift headlights.

History;

I have the original service folder with all the booklets/owner’s manuals. The car came with quite a few old MOT’s and receipts. The original tool kit is in the boot with the spare wheel. The MOT ran out in September so it’s currently on sorn.

The supra has been set up and safely mapped to 500BHP, this setup is almost identical to a few other members on the forum and they are running 600 BHP but thought it was best to stay around the 500BHP mark to protect the auto box. Rolling road print out available.

I totted up most of the new parts and it comes to over £14,000 and everything has done less than 500 miles;

Engine spec;

- Garage Whifbitz S362 Twin Wastegate Turbo Kit with Billet Compressor Wheel upgrade. The ultimate fast spooling set up!

- Garage Whifbitz 3” downpipe with 4” exhaust system

- Titanium turbo blanket

- 264 cams, new valve stem oil seals, metal head gasket and ARP head studs, gates timing belt kit and new tensioners etc. new fan belt + front crankshaft oil seal.

- Air conditioning pump removed

- Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

- Fuel pulsation damper removal pipe

- New alternator and starter motor

- Injector dynamics 1000cc injectors with Whifbitz top feed fuel rail.

- New inline fuel filter

- Bosch 044 fuel pump

- New oil + filters recently

- Garage Whifbitz twin fan kit wired into Syvects ECU

- Garage Whifbitz aluminium radiator + hoses and polished top water neck

- New thermostat and water pump

- Garage Whifbitz 4” front mount intercooler kit

- Garage Whifbitz autobox cooler kit

- SRD aluminium under tray

- Garage Whifbitz oil drain plug

- Garage Whifbitz oil filter sandwich plate

- New battery

- Yellow jacket coil packs + new spark plugs BKR8EIX

- Some brackets/pulleys powder coated

- Garage whifbitz black cooling plate

- S2000 stubby Ariel kit (Original Ariel included)

- Rear wiper delete kit (Original wiper and mechanism included)

Electrics;

- Syvecs S6 GP ECU

- AEM wideband sensor wired into ECU with digital display on the dashboard.

- Boost gauge

- Syvecs calibration switch

- Bosch wideband nock sensor

- 3.5 bar map sensor

- Pierurg boost control solenoid

- Fuel pressure and oil pressure sensors

- The Supra comes with 2 keys but the central locking fob stopped working years ago, the driver’s door locks all the doors and I was quoted around £100 for a new fob.

Brakes;

- Fully rebuilt UK front callipers with stainless steel pistons and Chris Wilson fast road pads

- Fully rebuilt UK rear callipers with new pistons and Chris Wilson fast road pads

- Goodrich braided brake lines

- Painted callipers and new supra decals

- Callipers and pads only done about 100 miles ago

Suspension / Handling;

- Apexi coilovers

- Adjustable lower control arms (rear)

- Adjustable toe arms (rear)

- Adjustable traction rods (rear)

- New anti-roll bar drop links

- 30mm rear spacers

- 20mm front spacers

- 18” Black Enkei staggered wheels

- All tyres have good tread

The suspension has recently been fully set up by Track Torque Racing (York).

Overall the supra is in good condition for its age. I have had a few bits and bobs powder coated under the bonnet just to freshen it up but there is still a few bits to do and the wheels have a few curb marks etc. I have loads of pictures from before the respray and while it was stripped down etc.

There is still a few bits of trim etc that need to be put back on the Supra after the re spray.

I have been working in Australia for the past year and I have been back and forward for the past three years which is the reason I have never had time to use the Supra. I am moving over to Australia permanently in February and I'm looking to see how much people think its worth ? before I put it up for sale. I know its not the best time of year to sell

I'd be looking to get back at least £18k on this car. You will of course get the usual European buyers contacting you, but I'd be vigilant if anyone's trying to wriggle the price down, as you can't get a single LHD car for any less than £25k min.

Guest james owen

Thank you everyone for your input, I really appreciate it.

Once its all back together I will take some decent pictures and upload them.

I will reply to all the PM's today, Thank you for your interest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.