The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Differential Bushes

evinX

Hi all, im going to be doing my bushings this year, ive ordered new front and rear ARB bushes, and want to get the bushes for my differential.

1996 AUTO NA

what do i need exactly? the big rear mount and the 2 front ears? anything im missing and any links/ part numbers/ upgrades to go for?

cheers, Kev

Kevin likes to mend things that are not broken or improve things that are already good enough, it's his way of saying I love you. :love:

Best way to scratch this itch would be to add the additional T.T. mount to the sub-frame, you will have expressed your love with a hundred pounds and the mounts will be future-proofed for N/A-T or T.T. conversion.

Kevin likes to mend things that are not broken or improve things that are already good enough, it's his way of saying I love you. :love:

Best way to scratch this itch would be to add the additional T.T. mount to the sub-frame, you will have expressed your love with a hundred pounds and the mounts will be future-proofed for N/A-T or T.T. conversion.

Haha its funny but you actually get me :D

It looks fairly difficult to remove and add the new mount? thats the only thing putting me off, is it really worth doing David? subframe/ diff mounts??

Ill do the ARBs, but i somewhat feel like the back of the car hits hard over bumps, a good thud it gives. Probably my 265s at the rear?

Kev

Normally diff thumping noise can be heard with the loading/unloading of the driveline. Harsh gear changes, sharp throttle etc, driving away from a stop etc... If you don't experience this, then don't bother touching the diff bushes.

Thumps heard whilst going over bumps is more likely related to suspension components

Haha its funny but you actually get me :D

It looks fairly difficult to remove and add the new mount? thats the only thing putting me off, is it really worth doing David? subframe/ diff mounts??

Ill do the ARBs, but i somewhat feel like the back of the car hits hard over bumps, a good thud it gives. Probably my 265s at the rear?

Kev

Fitting new anti-roll bar bushes front and rear with a greasing, would be kind maintenance and possibly even an improvement. You could inspect the drop links, check the diff oil level and give it a kiss whilst you're under there.

If you're running less than 40 profile tyres it can only and will hit hard over bumps.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Fitting new anti-roll bar bushes front and rear with a greasing, would be kind maintenance and possibly even an improvement. You could inspect the drop links, check the diff oil level and give it a kiss whilst you're under there.

If you're running less than 40 profile tyres it can only and will hit hard over bumps.

Nice! got new febi rear drop links and blue print front drop links this year, and i did the diff oil NOV 2015 :thumbs:

I do a oil change in the engine every 6 months, what should i go for, with the diff to keep it nice and clean in there?

thatll explain the thuds as the suspension is fairly good down there.

You have recently changed the diff oil.

Just check the level when you service engine and transmission fluids, or every now and then whilst you are under there kissing the drop links?

75/90W is what they like.

:thumbs: April time ill do the engine and 2L of geabox fluid, might even do a ratio of 75% ATF and 25% Lucas stop slip?

Cheers chaps, im going with just the ARBs for the time, Davids pretty familiar with my Supra, and if he dosent rekon they need doing thats good enough for me to be fair, we had a good chat earlier :thumbs:

Its that time of the year im planning jobs for 2017, so far ive got:

2nd cat to change

New manifold shield/ O2 sensors

ARB front and rear bushes

Ultra racing chassis bar

Some door panel/ Front bumper jobbies to sort out

And i went half with the parents for a Facelift windscreen as my Christmas pressie for my respray parts collection :D

Edited by evinX (see edit history)