The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DIY Headlights restoration

manolaq

Hello guys,

I decided to restore my headlights and I would like to share my results with you. The results exceeded my expectations to be honest...

This is how they looked before.

I used 800 grit, then 1200 and at the end 2000. Movement left to right and up to down. This is how they looked after this process.

Then I used polishing compound to polish the headlights.

This is the final result

I have ordered UV protection film to protect them, until I get my facelift ones.

I wouldn't bother with UV protection. Just give it a very quick polish every few months and you will be good to go

All plastic headlights become dull again after some time once you start sanding into them. I've yet to see any resist this, regardless of what magic elixir people try to apply to them

I wouldn't bother with UV protection. Just give it a very quick polish every few months and you will be good to go

All plastic headlights become dull again after some time once you start sanding into them. I've yet to see any resist this, regardless of what magic elixir people try to apply to them

I sprayed the left headlight with clear lacquer but it was a total fail. I ended up removing the lacquer and polishing again.