The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance result !

Muffleman

Hi all,

I'm not trying to annoy Mawby here 'cos I know he's put in a lot of time and effort for the club insurance schemes, but I've had a result that I have to pass on.

The problem I have is I want to keep my Supe in tip-top condition and so not use it for the daily to-and-from work, but you can only use your no-claims on one car. For the last 3 years, I have been insuring my heavily modified imported MR2 Turbo with AON Classic for £300 odd a year MODS DECLARED but on a limited mileage policy, it used to be 5000 miles pa but I never did that many so knocked it down to 3000 miles a year. But as it is a classic policy, it required no no-claims and I could put this to the 'daily' car.

I then bought my Supe and used my no-claims on this, paying about £700 a year through Osborne and Sons. I soon got pee'd off with paying to repair stone chips, a kerbed alloy, 15mpg etc plus I was putting miles on my very low mileage Supe, so over the weekend I bought an old 525i SE. However, insurance was to be without no-claims and was looking to be about £600 for this new BMW.

So my insurance costs were :

MR2 (yup still got it :)) £397

Supra £700ish (can't remember off top of my head)

BMW £600

Total £1,697 PA :eek:

I just spoke to AON to see if they could insure my Supe as a 'classic' as it's 10years old. Again I declared all mods, and the result ?

'We can ADD your Supra to the MR2 policy and providing you do less than 3,000 miles collectively, the yearly cost will be £493 :eek: :eyebrows: '

So now it's :

MR2 and Supra £497 (£552 for 5000 miles pa.)

BMW (with NCD) £297

Total £794 - YIPPPEEEEEEEE......

So if you're using your Supe as a 2nd car, give AON a call on 01384 455011 and ask for the Classic dept.

Sorry for the LONG post, but I just saved £900pa and thought I should pass it on ;)

Matt

Oh, and I've just got off the 'phone with AON to arrange it all. The Supra is also on an agreed value of £15k, NOT market value.

How they're doing this is totally beyond me ! The only conditions are that the Supra must be kept in a locked garage between 10pm and 6am whilst at the home address, and that the cat 1. alarm\immobiliser must be working.

Matt