The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom LED manufacturer UK

k222bye

Hi guys.

I've seen a few members on the forums with custom LED rear lights and I was wondering are there any shops you know of that offer the service of converting the stock lights to the LED ring pattern? There are some LED Supra rear lights on Whiffbitz but they are almost £1200. Would love them but I also need my kidneys :D. I have seen a guy in America (MLR Customs) who made a really nice Lambo style rear cluster. (see attached image).

Cheers.

Screenshot_20161222-030058.jpg

I can believe it. I didn't get a very favorable response from them. I was about to go with Toxic tails until i learned Heckler might take my own facelift lights (which were practically new) rather than supplying new ones (which he usually does)

Hecklers here:

I can believe it. I didn't get a very favorable response from them. I was about to go with Toxic tails until i learned Heckler might take my own facelift lights (which were practically new) rather than supplying new ones (which he usually does)

Hecklers here:

http://www.carbonangel.co.uk/imagedump/suprabuild/newpic4.jpg

They look great! (As does the car)!

No idea, I would imagine as each design will vary so will the price as it's all tailored to suit.

I know what you are doing and can assure you that you are walking a very fine line, especially if the mods catch on. But this is purely my observation of course :)

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Im not doing anything? I havnt, nor was i going to mention any names. Hence why i questioned it in my first comment.

I understand the rules thank you.

I was purely asking how much hecklers were because im aware his are made from facelifts whereas the ones i was thinking of are made from pre facelift and i wanted a rough understanding of the price differences

Im looking at buying a carbon boot lid and think some led rears would compliment it.. particularly facelift ones.

Why isn't he allowed to mention the name of a random guy who also builds LED tail lights? So I can't recommend a good garage if they ain't a trader on here? Wtf, so silly.

Its because in order to advertise a product you sell or make you have to be a trader or authorised hobbyist.

I think its to prevent people coming in and under cutting other people with potentially cheaper but lesser quality products.

Its a good way to keep standards high amongst the forum but sometimes it can get a little extream.

But such is life.

Why isn't he allowed to mention the name of a random guy who also builds LED tail lights? So I can't recommend a good garage if they ain't a trader on here? Wtf, so silly.

It's not a random guy though, is it. He is a relatively new forum member attempting to circumvent the forum rules as he clearly doesn't think they apply to him, despite numerous public warnings and having his threads deleted.

Traders and hobbyist's alike are voted in by the forum members (it's almost democratic) and they contribute financially for the privilege to do so. This money along with the membership fees go towards the running of the club (forum, events, loads of behind the scenes stuff et cetera). Doing it this way provides us as members a little safety net should things ever go tits up.

I'm not a mod nor consider myself a long term member. This info is what I have picked up over my few years here as a member, if you need more in-depth details as to why the forum is run the way it is I would suggest asking Branners those questions directly. Just don't be offended if he tells you to do one or that it's done like this because that is the way he wants it done.

It's his world at the end of the day and remember he is always watching :D

I was purely asking how much hecklers were because im aware his are made from facelifts whereas the ones i was thinking of are made from pre facelift and i wanted a rough understanding of the price differences

Im looking at buying a carbon boot lid and think some led rears would compliment it.. particularly facelift ones.

/QUOTE]

Best off contacting Heckler directly, he won't bite ;)

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

I think everyone on here uses facebook and is aware who tries to sell what items. Doesn't take a genius to figure out what username on here is selling what product on the Supra groups. Even the US one seems bombarded with these copy cat UK seller products

Various people have got on the LED bandwagon with their own styles and concepts. Can word things how you want but it's better of not even being involved with conversations covering products you make elsewhere but aren't able to sell on here without being voted on.

It'll just be easier not to get involved.

I nearly went down the LED ring route too. I'm glad I didn't. I've had enough of my stuff copied lately by people trying to create their own business with someone else's old products.

I wish new traders and hobby builders would make new products instead of putting a spin on old stuff that's already been done before.

I've made some new style rear lights which I'll advertise soon. Not an led in sight :cool:

Innovation guys. Get those brain juices flowing ffs!

Hi guys.

I've seen a few members on the forums with custom LED rear lights and I was wondering are there any shops you know of that offer the service of converting the stock lights to the LED ring pattern? There are some LED Supra rear lights on Whiffbitz but they are almost £1200. Would love them but I also need my kidneys :D. I have seen a guy in America (MLR Customs) who made a really nice Lambo style rear cluster. (see attached image).

Cheers.

I bought the first set of aventador lights that mlr make , a guy from Italy. Only positive words about that guy.