The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo frame size..and yorkshire remappers

and1c

Quick question for anyone in the know..

I currently run a T4 PT67 .68 AR (no idea on its max power limit, will find out on the dyno) and I am thinking of a big power hike (and something more modern) next year.

Apart from other required mods does anyone know will a PT7175 CEA or something similar be completely different size wise in all aspects?

I know intercooler pipework will need modifying but will I need a new downpipe once it is bolted up to the exhaust manifold? I'm guessing I will... just wanting to plan for the work involved.

Additionally, does anyone know any good remappers in the Yorkshire area? ECU is a link G3 LEM. So far I have got RDT in Doncaster earmarked.

Cheers

Depends on if you have a different output flange as to the down pipe, I also have a pt6765 .68 dbb these turbos are a good 800bhp in them just changing to the .81 or .96 will make massive power increase but at the cost of spool , alot have said .81 was so much better then the .68 and as you have the high stall maybe best suited and the cheaper option and plus side you would keep all pipe work the same but just map and fuel adjustments

Depends on if you have a different output flange as to the down pipe, I also have a pt6765 .68 dbb these turbos are a good 800bhp in them just changing to the .81 or .96 will make massive power increase but at the cost of spool , alot have said .81 was so much better then the .68 and as you have the high stall maybe best suited and the cheaper option and plus side you would keep all pipe work the same but just map and fuel adjustments

Thanks mate. Is there an older version of this turbo? Is there a journal bearing version? I cant read the serial number off the data plate

I would do your homework on RDT before earmarking them for anything, google is your friend...

Thanks, I just did that lol, may have to look elsewhere. A few threads pointed me to TRL but there is also the same about them on the internet.... Can anyone actually recommend anyone good , regardless of where they are? cheers

Edited by and1c (see edit history)

Yes there is journal versions, if you have a dbb you would know as you can hear then still spinning for about 30 seconds after you turn the engine off.

Ian c done a dbb vs journal dyno overlay of the .68 I will try and find it

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?68090-Dual-ball-bearing-turbo

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

Yes there is journal versions, if you have a dbb you would know as you can hear then still spinning for about 30 seconds after you turn the engine off.

Ian c done a dbb vs journal dyno overlay of the .68 I will try and find it

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?68090-Dual-ball-bearing-turbo

Excellent info.

Cheers mate. It is the DBB then because it spins for ages after the engine switches off!! bonus.

So it will do 800hp? sweet!! That made my day :)

Mine is a 3.5 v band out put as when I upgraded from the 3 it now goes straight to the v band . Changing from the 3 to the 3.5 gained me about 400rpm spool.

There is another thread on that I will try and find.

But yes these turbos are good for 700 -800 just need to change the turbine housing I can't remember who done it pritty recently on this turbo I will try to find that also .

What boost are you running as we have a similar if not the same turbo with a auto setup . 1.3 bar I made 524bhp and 510ftlb which is plenty enough to kill the stock box

http://www.mkiv.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?278633-3-quot-vs-3-5-quot-exhaust-confirmed-results&highlight=results

Scott M made 611bhp at 1.4 bar with this turbo he couldn't remember what turbine housing he had though

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

1.2 bar mate, dynoed at 498 rwhp on a dyno dynamics, similar torque iirc/

That's interesting to hear about the 3.5 outlet change.... I'm guessing if I just contact Precision to get a .81 housing?

With the new engine in (built) and titan race box/hi stall I want to max the turbo out!! This car killed one gearbox before I bought it , think it is on borrowed time at those levels.

Not sure if it's the same as I have a 6765 / which means 67mm compressor and 65mm turbine . So the 66 maybe no good.

That being said we don't know what actual turbo andy has until he can find the number . Mine was printed on the compressor housing plate

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if it's the same as I have a 6765 / which means 67mm compressor and 65mm turbine . So the 66 maybe no good.

That being said we don't know what actual turbo andy has until he can find the number . Mine was printed on the compressor housing plate

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers. It has an AET badge on the back of it. I have Serial number 56063 but nothing else apart from .68 on the exhaust housing and PT67 on the intake side. I have emailed AET asking for spec but heard nothing back yet...! Its definately DBB. Will update!