The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitted my Engine Bay boxes

Sheefa

Bought these off Drift Bear recently (thanks Alex [emoji6] )and only just got around to fitting them.

I'm really pleased with the look and fit. I had to trim the carbon a little to clear turbo blanket and edge of inner wing but apart from that they were a great fit and tidy (or rather cover ul!) that nasty ABS mess.

20161216_185753.jpg.

The only problem I have is where to relocate my FPR as it's under the carbon box on right and secured with zip ties only at moment. I need a custom bracket ro mount it lower down at bulkhead or relocate it nearby somewhere. Any ideas?

Happy overall though and worth the cash.

Greg

Does mounting an FPR to the bulkhead transmit fuel pump resonance?

The reason to ask is because I found that after relocated the oil filter on mine next to fuel filter, when driving around town and/or cruising, I could hear the oil pump working as I drove along. :wacko:

This nasty groan was cured by insulating the filter mount on rubber bobbins and now it's radio supercharger all the way. :)

If I get a min tomorrow I'll whip my bay box off and take a photo of how mines done mate. Same as the Baileys, it's under that right hand box

Thanks Dean, that would help just to see how the bracket is shaped as I think I know where to best mount it.

Does mounting an FPR to the bulkhead transmit fuel pump resonance?

The reason to ask is because I found that after relocated the oil filter on mine next to fuel filter, when driving around town and/or cruising, I could hear the oil pump working as I drove along. :wacko:

This nasty groan was cured by insulating the filter mount on rubber bobbins and now it's radio supercharger all the way. :)

No idea, but as my PS pump whines like a b!tch I wouldn't know! A job to sort shortly too.

Looking good buddy :thumbs:

/QUOTE]

Thanks mate I did PM you re which brackets go where! I've not used two of them as just fixed to wing and they're stable but let me know if they should be used!

Those look really good Sheefa. Keep meaning to get a set made up for my NA.

Very nice mate

Thanks gents, they are great quality from Mk4Gaz ;)