The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Set of very good 'Pure Sport' mats on eBay.

j_jza80

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got these mats in my Supra in excellent condition and the rainbow / confetti ones out of my old Supra just sat in my understairs cupboard, I never realised they go for this kind of price :D

I'll look after the ones in your cupboard? [emoji16]

Really want a set of the "rainbow/confetti" mats

I let a set of these and an OEM carbon wheel go in my NA 6 speed for £4500. Would be worth £11k for that lot now :D

And I bought my NA6 for £4500 :D Had the mats but no wheel :(

I've NA-T'd it with high quality parts since and been told I'd be lucky to £12k for it now, the market is weird!

I've got these sat in my loft.

The guy used to work in a toyota dealer and apparently they were in the back of the stock room for years.

No idea if they are OEM in the end but they come with everything, hangers and all the fitting hardware.

attachment.php?attachmentid=216143&stc=1&d=1481793598

IMG_2794.JPG

And I bought my NA6 for £4500 :D Had the mats but no wheel :(

I've NA-T'd it with high quality parts since and been told I'd be lucky to £12k for it now, the market is weird!

Personally I'd say your car would be worth in excess of £15k. Even if it is na-t, it's still a facelift 6 speed single turbo built with quality parts.

Personally I'd say your car would be worth in excess of £15k. Even if it is na-t, it's still a facelift 6 speed single turbo built with quality parts.

That's the way I looked at it. The only difference between my car and a TT out the factory is basically the head on the engine and associated parts (ECU, intake). But I can understand the purist side as well to a certain extent

And the VIN plate.

Which really doesn't matter when you're looking at buying a heavily modified car, so long as it's been built by someone that knows what they're doing, with quality parts, and it's been looked after. No one looking to put away a Supra as an investment is going to buy a modified one anyway.

I am.

Any car that is rising in value is by definition investible. And, even modified cars are rising in value although not at the same rate that stock ones are or will in the future. The VIN plate determines what the car can be returned to one day should anyone wish to do that via a stripped rolling shell or as a project so is a valuable asset even on a modded car.

Here is a good example of what a VIN plate is worth on an investible car:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Ford-Mustang-63-A-Fastback-Bucket-Seats-/132027618049?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1ebd759301:g:cJIAAOSwo4pYPwHe&item=132027618049

Edited by rider (see edit history)

Not when you offset the associated costs ;) Good luck running a Supra without spending a small fortune on more modifications, fuel, tax, insurance, consumables etc. The best way of looking at it is that the rising value offsets the cost against running something more affordable. You'll need £30k plus to buy anything like a true investment spec car, and the price you'll pay is that it never gets used, for fear of damage and adding dreaded mileage. I look after a small collection of classics, one of which is most definitely an investment :)

Last 12 months I spent £1/mile on my car and it went up £5k in value more than I spent. Fear of repeating myself here but anything that rises in value is by definition, investible. Of course, if my car was a 10k miler it would have risen in value closer to £15k judging by the low milers being advertised now in Japan. If a museum piece is worth £100k then even a dog example of the same car will be worth £10k which, in the instance of the Mustang I linked to shows how much rust can be worth allied to the right VIN plate. No one is asking if that Mustang has done 10k miles or 250k miles. Or even what condition it is in. They are bidding only on the VIN plate.

All Supras will be worth something, those with the right VIN will be worth substantially more than those without a desirable VIN. That's just how things go in the investible car market.