The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fleabay Manual NA

rider

Definitely won't be a V160 on a pre facelift NA. It also looks like its been glued together, the bonnet alignment is among the worst I've seen, and combined with it being a CAT C, I wouldn't even bother looking at it. Nice colour though, looks a bit brighter than stock white.

Lol. That's from nash's kustoms (init). If that car is anything like the last that I had the joy of inspecting up close on a ramp, then i can guarantee that it will be a dog.

I wouldn't even drive a car built by him, never mind own one. Everything looks like it's knocked together with cheap scraps, and the paintwork never looks quite right somehow. I'd rather buy a Supra from High Wycombe, and that's saying something :D

I wouldn't even drive a car built by him, never mind own one. Everything looks like it's knocked together with cheap scraps, and the paintwork never looks quite right somehow. I'd rather buy a Supra from High Wycombe, and that's saying something :D

Frankenstein cars.

Guest smyster27

I bought a car off him in September bit of a neutral review here, never got the full truth when I asked him if everything was ok on the car "just some bulbs needed for MOT but no time", thankfully from what people say in this thread if that bad I got off lightly as my mate who's a really good mechanic 30 years + and got a good business worked on Supras in the day done the work on the car said it was very solid and mechanically good just looked awful, been driving car for a month now since MOT'd (2nd car a toy) and it's never failed just getting sorted for spray job next month and sourcing parts, spoke to previous owner who laughed at the ad saying he trailered the car away and never driven it even though he claimed he'd driven the car 300 miles yet when I got it one of brake's seized as been off the road since 2009, abs never worked, headlights been baked and falling to bits, full service was just an oil change, good condition interior was far from and missing bits, Cost me about £1000 to rectify and these things were easily spotted and could have said as I spotted in the first 10mins after getting it, yes I was stupid and bought unseen and trailered it up here so have to take some blame, lesson learned but got away with it as not too bad of a car just cost more in unseen things which miffed me, could happen with any private sale, one thing in his favor did source some parts for me cheap that were needed to MOT it after ringing and saying I wasn't pleased with the faults not being mentioned. Nash gets some mixed reviews on here but always answered the phone and helpful, all paperwork came with the car and kept me informed. All I can say if your going to buy look very hard at it and make sure you view it, cheap isn't always cheap by the time you've sourced supra parts which are not the cheapest.

One thing which made me angry alloys changed over had the wrong wheel nuts fitted 2 wheels only had 3 nuts fitted and would work loose due to being the wrong ones so had to buy correct nut's, I never looked and garage spotted it when asked them to give the car a full check over, if mot'd and driven straight away could have had a nasty accident especially if i'd took the kids in it.

It would be better to just advise people not to buy from him at all. He clearly buys very cheap cars needing work, does the work in the cheapest way possible, then asks just below the average market rate to make it seem like the buyer is getting a bargain. There's nothing clever about It, just another crooked car dealer.

Guest smyster27

Suppose you're right better sellers about, no come back through ebay when buying classified, wish I'd looked on the forums and joined them before buying, Some decent priced cars popped up on Face Book Supra page and on here with good advice, was quite angry at the time but my own fault really never buy unseen 1st and last time, normally never would but was laid up after a knee op, just lucky the car I bought wasn't that bad apart from the paint and made sure it went straight into the garage for a full going over which I recommend to anyone, still would have walked away if id seen it. Car hadn't been touched by restless customs he just bought and sold it on after speaking to previous owner.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smyster27

Sorry meant to say new buyer, don't think its good old restless kustoms selling this one just the guy who bought it and selling for ill health reasons and age posting as Douglas. Maybe found all the filler mentioned earlier, doesn't realise that car tax is not transferable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.