The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Limited slip diff

bayside_supra

Factory 93 6spd TT it should have the large diff fitted and the axle code will start with a B. OP's signiture says 1993 Aerotop TT 6 Speed

No such thing as an aero top TT6 from factory so probably has small case diff unless it was swapped out. Small case won't last long with decent power.

Small case won't last long with decent power.

Depends what the OP is calling a "big power hike". Plenty of cars around running 600-700hp on small case diff with no issues, especially all the soarers, chasers etc in the drift world. Probably regular hard launches that make the small case diffs sh1t themselves :D

The car is an aerotop that has had a V161 a TT engine swapped in. Going single now and looking at around 650 BHP. I am guessing the diff was never changed in the conversion (done before I got the car). With the car in the air, keeping the prop shaft still, you spin one wheel forwards and the other spins backwards.

Just had a text saying I have the big winged rear plate on my diff, 10 bolts.... with the bigger case. I'm confused now. Does a big case with an open diff exist?

I have asked for a picture. I will post it as soon as I have it.

This is really confusing. Could I have a big case open diff? Or a big case broken diff? Lol

/QUOTE]

Torsen LSDs will spin opposite ways until Torque is applied, hence Tor (que) Sen (sing). You have a large case LSD bud. They seem misleading doing the standard "do both wheels spin" test on a ramp.

Torsen LSDs will spin opposite ways until Torque is applied, hence Tor (que) Sen (sing). You have a large case LSD bud. They seem misleading doing the standard "do both wheels spin" test on a ramp.

/QUOTE]

That's good news. I'll keep this one for now then.

Thanks anyway everyone who replied

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.