The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT6/single turbo 6

nicky

Looking for a single turbo or tt6, only want a v160/v161 box, I feel there's confusion with my other post so I've made this one to clear up what I'm looking for...

My budget is 18000 as a maximum, will not pay 18000 for one that does not meet my full expectations.

I will travel for the right car anywhere in the U.K.

Inbox me with details or for my number to whatsapp pictures.

Cheers

Nick

Why don't you post a for sale ad? No one knows what you have got as your garage is empty.

Hi ye ive been trying to get round to doing that for a year but its hard to let go after 10 years ownership, but suppose it has to go nicky was going to buy it but decided not to, its a 6 speed rz single.

If you are desperate you'd probably need to offer 30% over the 'normal' price to entice someone. There was an offer of £27k on a jspec TT6 that the owner, after some considered thought, decided not to accept. They found that offer tempting so its the old adage that anything is for sale at the right price. With such a rare car tied to a variant choice if you don't force a sale by paying over the odds then you will need time. The good news is that it appears Supra inflation has halved to around 25% this year so prices are no longer climbing at the rate they were.

If you are desperate you'd probably need to offer 30% over the 'normal' price to entice someone. There was an offer of £27k on a jspec TT6 that the owner, after some considered thought, decided not to accept. They found that offer tempting so its the old adage that anything is for sale at the right price. With such a rare car tied to a variant choice if you don't force a sale by paying over the odds then you will need time. The good news is that it appears Supra inflation has halved to around 25% this year so prices are no longer climbing at the rate they were.

I second exactly what Rider is saying I personally think 18K for a very good car is going to be a struggle unless you fall very lucky. If I was in your shoes I would be viewing every manual car for sale wherever in the country it is. I never buy based on pictures, I personally think by viewing quite a few gives you a good idea what you are looking for & when a good one sticks out from the crowd I remember well looking nearly 20 years ago for a MKIII Supra and 99% of cars were rough then a soon as I set eyes on my future car I knew it was the one so clean straight and original although I returned 3 times to view it before handing money over and I paid double the going rate! Only now 20 years later is it worth what I paid back then (they too are shooting up in value).

Happy Christmas!

Ireland is worth keeping an eye on, they have very harsh road taxation, so potential for the odd genuine low mileage car coming up and less competition for buyers, ie not many uk traders interested and lower domestic interest, but then a pain for viewing but as people are saying it's not going to be easy.

Would you consider buying a really nice NA 6-speed import from say Jurgen and then getting him to swap in a TT lump before collection?

Might be cost effective and you'll get a really tidy car.

This is all fine unless you need it to have started life st a TT from factory.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.