The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine Refresh

drift_bear

So since the engine is out and stripped down, i have decided that i am going to replace all the bolts on the engine, all the studs round the manifold and obvious all gaskets/seals and coil packs. I have a list of what i have so far, if anyone can think of anything else worth changing then please post up and let me know :)

GASKET KIT - 04111-46055

HOSE, VENTILATION - 12261-46030

HOSE, VENTILATION, NO.2 - 12262-46020

HOSE, VENTILATION, NO.3 - 12263-46010

HOSE, VENTILATION, NO.4 - 12264-46010

BOLT, STUD(FOR MANIFOLD TO CYLINDER HEAD) - 90126-10014

BOLT, MANIFOLD TO CYLINDER HEAD - 90179-10165 (X12)

BOLT, STUD(AIR INTAKE SIDE) - 90126-08008 (X2)

BOLT, STUD(AIR INTAKE SIDE) - 92122-B0825 (X2)

BOLT, STUD(AIR INTAKE SIDE) - 92122-60814 (X2)

BOLT, STUD(AIR INTAKE SIDE) - 90116-06127

GASKET, INTAKE MANIFOLD TO HEAD, NO.1 - 17177-46031

GASKET, AIR SURGE TANK TO INTAKE MANIFOLD - 17176-46030

BOLT, ENGINE MOUNTING - 90105-10417 (X4)

BOLT(FOR CYLINDER HEAD SET) - 90910-02102

WASHER, PLATE(FOR CYLINDER HEAD SET) - 90201-11018

COIL ASSY, IGNITION - 90919-02205

BRACKET, IGNITION COIL - 19968-46010 (X2)

BOLT, BRACKET IGNITION COIL - 90105-06165 (X6)

CLIP, BRACKET IGNITION COIL - 90929-01283 (X3)

BOLT, CLIP BRACKET IGNITION COIL - 93319-15008 (X3)

Has anyone got the part number for the coil pack clips? i can't seem to find on the toyoDIY site? i am also needing to get a new connector that will fit on the water temp sensor as mine came away from the wires when getting removed.

Cam cover washers nuts and bolts, cam cover gaskets as they dont come in the set from what I recall. I'll dig PNs out tonight as I ordered them all a few months ago.

What are you doing to the engine? just wondering what other bits I can add in lol

Good luck with the engine refresh. I'm planning on tidying up my N/A over winter by ordering some new bits and bobs. Not quite the same but nice to see people looking after their cars.

Cheers dude, i thought i might as well just give the engine a full once over now its out. It doesn't need it really but might as well future proof everything :) It's all a learning curve for me as i've never gotten this deep into a car before lol.

Cam cover washers nuts and bolts, cam cover gaskets as they dont come in the set from what I recall. I'll dig PNs out tonight as I ordered them all a few months ago.

What are you doing to the engine? just wondering what other bits I can add in lol

Awsome cheers dude :) I'm fitting my HKS GT2835 big twin setup, so just wanting to change/replace as much as i can so it looks all nice and shiny again lol

Core plugs?

Never thought of that :thumbs:

Connector housing for coil packs the number is :- 90980 - 11246, if I remember rightly this comes up as something else, but it is right.

Cheers buddy :)

See if you are going to "refresh" it you would be as well rebuilding it while you are there. That whole "refresh " thing is a con tbh...... i know of a number of "refreshed" 2jzs built by known forum builders have recently shit themselves.

Its a 20 odd year old engine, if the gaskets and stem seals are tired, the valve guides and valve faces, piston rings and you name it are all equally as tired. Core plugs is a good shout by Littler, everyone always forgets about them and they rot from the inside out

See if you are going to "refresh" it you would be as well rebuilding it while you are there. That whole "refresh " thing is a con tbh...... i know of a number of "refreshed" 2jzs built by known forum builders have recently shit themselves.

Its a 20 odd year old engine, if the gaskets and stem seals are tired, the valve guides and valve faces, piston rings and you name it are all equally as tired. Core plugs is a good shout by Littler, everyone always forgets about them and they rot from the inside out

/QUOTE]

I never stated i wasn't building it ;) Just wanted to get a list of everything im planning on refreshing

The Japanese use the term 'refresh' on their cars, it generally signifies what we would call a rebuild, but utilising existing parts where they are found to be in good order. Quite often this means checking tolerances, and just fitting new seals, piston rings, bearings etc, and reusing the major components.