The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Shell NA or TT

ibby

Put it this way, a forum member is currently asking £3k for a rolling shell, you can get a nice, driving n.a. auto for £4k. Or a 5 speed for £5k.

This, the markup on rolling shells seems wildly disproportionate to the value of a running NA, especially if you can find one with a glaring mechanical problem but immaculate exterior and grab it cheap. That said, I was refreshing 5 marketplaces almost hourly for 2 months before finding mine, and still feel like I got exceptionally lucky. While this would be the "optimal" route, I wouldn't recommend unless you're really committed to chasing value. The NA market for reasons that would take too long to explain here, is pretty rough. Normally anything clean and well priced is gone in hours, sometimes minutes, and while I'd always recommend buying from members, they don't often pop up here nearly often enough.

It's getting late now but tomorrow I'll write some of my experience down and hopefully some other members can advise you what to look for on the NA front.

Depends on what you're after. I have one for sale for 3k with interior and a fresh respray, also a full strip down, underseal, powdercoated subframes and suspension arms and brand new bushes, ohlins coilovers which are going on 2k new on their own. Genuine facelift tt6 too. But apparently at 3k that's too expensive ;) 3k doesn't even cover you for a respray ;)

Depends on what you're after. I have one for sale for 3k with interior and a fresh respray, also a full strip down, underseal, powdercoated subframes and suspension arms and brand new bushes, ohlins coilovers which are going on 2k new on their own. Genuine facelift tt6 too. But apparently at 3k that's too expensive ;) 3k doesn't even cover you for a respray ;)

That sounds like an awfully nice rolling shell, most don't come with ohlins or half the paint treatment yours has.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.