The mkiv Supra Owners Club

eBay 2JZ-GTE/V161 auction BEWARE

rider

There is a listing for a 2jz-GTE complete engine and V161 gearbox running on Fleabay that is a fraudulent listing. Pictures ripped from a USA sale so best avoided. Dodgy seller account also has ripped listings for other engine/gearbox combinations running. I've reported the sale item to Fleabay but they aren't the quickest in the World at pulling this kind of fraud attempt listing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JDM-TOYOTA-SUPRA-2JZGTE-6-SPEED-ENGINE-SUPRA-GETRAG-TRANSMISSION-V161-SARD-ECU-/112219672411?hash=item1a20d04f5b:g:tSgAAOSwB09YOJF8

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's disgusting. Every November/December the fraudsters go mental in order to get cash for Christmas, it pisses me right off. What's worse is so many people see a 'bargain', don't think it through, pay for it, then never get their bloody money back! The protocol to get money back from a scam is utterly useless too. I try to avoid eBay over winter, for this reason [emoji23]

In the pictures there is a North American phone number on the sign, and the cars parked have no front number plates! After a bit of digging i found the original advert from a company in Canada called Osaka Jdm auto, same spelling errors and all. Messaged the seller to call him out saying i want to see the engine and he said it's in Austria! Total scumbag, i hope nobody is gullable enough to actually send him money.

His last 2 feedbacks were very positive... but received the item very quickly, oddly both bought the same engine! Same mileage too.

He's gone for prime JDM kit, 'selling' R34, Evo 9, supra, scoobie wrx sti engines with boxes

None of the photos are even from same place. What a twat