The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Numbers made by year....

brassbones

I think that's Jspec only. 600 or so UK spec weren't there? No idea how many LHD yankies there were?

Ahh cool, still makes good reading :) yeah I may be corrected on this but from what iv been told it was 600 UK specs with 180 manuals and 420 auto's (no idea numbers year on year though) and no clue about the yanks either lol

My maths by your numbers totals 84%, 1993 to 1996 inclusive.

I seem to have forgotten how to operate a calculator!!! LOL!!:D

So an even more amazing proportion made in the early production years. It looks vaguely like an exponential decay in numbers by year and this must have been in response to demand? If so that's another very surprising notion .. interest in owning this car new fell away exponentially :search:

Edited by brassbones (see edit history)

There were 673 production RHD Europe spec Supras (aka UK Spec) made, with 3 others that are unknown if LHD or RHD. There were also 10 pre-production Europe spec that are unknown if LHD or RHD.

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm#PRODUCTION

I have details on each car if anyone is interested in year, transmission or color breakdowns.

Edited by V8KILR (see edit history)

Yep, so my chart is worldwide numbers.

That NZ site is pretty cool isn't it? :)

Your chart just needs the 29 pre-production cars made in 1992 added to it to get the correct total of 45,230 cars. That shouldn't spoil the nice shape of the graph too much. :)

Also interesting that an auto twin turbo is actually rarer than a 6 speed.

With nearly a 2:1 ratio on build figures.

Worldwide yes, but a very different story for the UK spec. For the 673 production RHD Europe Supra, 3 were 5 speed NA (probably special order), 209 were 6 speed TT and 461 were automatic TT.

Worldwide yes, but a very different story for the UK spec. For the 673 production RHD Europe Supra, 3 were 5 speed NA (probably special order), 209 were 6 speed TT and 461 were automatic TT.

Thats interesting.

I wonder if that's just from preference when ordering, more biased towards automatic from new.

There were 673 production RHD Europe spec Supras (aka UK Spec) made, with 3 others that are unknown if LHD or RHD. There were also 10 pre-production Europe spec that are unknown if LHD or RHD.

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm#PRODUCTION

I have details on each car if anyone is interested in year, transmission or color breakdowns.

More great info - thanks bookmarked.

623 was the number I remember that was sold in the UK, so 50 must have been for elsewhere in Europe who wanted/required RHD.