The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cleaning of Neo-chrome engine bay items...

ShawnPreece

Im just planning ahead but a preliminary thought of whether I go for neo-chrome turbo, inlet manifold, pipework etc or stay polished... just wondering as I have no idea at all about neo-chrome items do you clean them exactly the same way just with a metal cleaner? Im assuming so as I know its a plating process but just wanted to check so I know my options as id like to keep the finish perfect for a long time on whatever I go for?

I would think that Neo chrome will be a lot easier to maintain as polished items dull after a while.

Be good to know as im thinking of some Neo chrome parts too

Ooo nice neo chrome would look amazing on yours :D Ahh ok yeah wasnt sure about the strength and durability of it as to potential scratching while cleaning and if it would require special cleaning products or anything so wanted to check first but if it would last longer in great condition that would be even better :)

Ooo nice neo chrome would look amazing on yours :D Ahh ok yeah wasnt sure about the strength and durability of it as to potential scratching while cleaning and if it would require special cleaning products or anything so wanted to check first but if it would last longer in great condition that would be even better :)

I'm only going by Neo chrome wording so i guessing its like chrome plated which will be less maintenance but would like someone to confirm it ..

Does look good that's for sure, think someone on here has a single setup through Whifbitz with Neo chroming turbo ..Looked awesome !

I'm only going by Neo chrome wording so i guessing its like chrome plated which will be less maintenance but would like someone to confirm it ..

Does look good that's for sure, think someone on here has a single setup through Whifbitz with Neo chroming turbo ..Looked awesome !

Ahh yeah that was kind of my assumption too but didn't know so thought id ask :rlol:

Rob Mitchell would probably be a good person to ask :)

yeah good thinking :)

I have a neochrome bolts mate and they're easy to clean. Does that help you make a decision

In truth I would say easier and a light non abrasive polish like Kleers would maintain the shine.

/QUOTE]

:rlol: sold me on the idea now ;) Ahh ok cheers mate that sounds good to me :)