The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What engine do I have? Please advise.

Guest j42000000

Guest j42000000

image.jpg

hi guys. i have a question that has me baffled and i really need some advice.

i have a 3.0litre automatic mk4 JZA80. It is listed as a non-turbo but when you put your foot down this thing launches into life as if it does, yet there are no turbo gauges?

ive been told by other people that it could be a bi-turbo which makes more sense.

I didn't know what the difference between a bi-turbo (bi meaning two) and a twin turbo was, but i was told the twin turbo consists of two turbos the same size and the bi-turbo has one large and one small turbo.

However i have just been told today that it now looks like the engine from the 2JZ-GE which was also a non-turbo, yet it says online the 2JZ-GE is bi-turbo by stock?

I'm so confused now.

I am currently trying to sell the car but I don't want to give out false information. Can someone please identify my engine by the picture and let me know if it is a non-turbo or bi-turbo and if its a non-turbo why then am I getting a turbo like boost?

Many thanks,

j42000000

That post has gladdened my day, just in case it disappears before we've all had a laugh, I here quote it and preserve it for history. :rlol:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215851[/ATTACH]

hi guys. i have a question that has me baffled and i really need some advice.

i have a 3.0litre automatic mk4 JZA80. It is listed as a non-turbo but when you put your foot down this thing launches into life as if it does, yet there are no turbo gauges?

ive been told by other people that it could be a bi-turbo which makes more sense.

I didn't know what the difference between a bi-turbo (bi meaning two) and a twin turbo was, but i was told the twin turbo consists of two turbos the same size and the bi-turbo has one large and one small turbo.

However i have just been told today that it now looks like the engine from the 2JZ-GE which was also a non-turbo, yet it says online the 2JZ-GE is bi-turbo by stock?

I'm so confused now.

I am currently trying to sell the car but I don't want to give out false information. Can someone please identify my engine by the picture and let me know if it is a non-turbo or bi-turbo and if its a non-turbo why then am I getting a turbo like boost?

Many thanks,

j42000000

It does beg the question: What the hell were you told it was when you bought it?! Surely there was a advert description or a conversation along the lines of "It's an NA mate" or "Why are you licking the windows . . . . . . . yes mate, twin bi-turbo and I'm not budging on the £20K asking price [giggles]"

It does beg the question: What the hell were you told it was when you bought it?! Surely there was a advert description or a conversation along the lines of "It's an NA mate" or "Why are you licking the windows . . . . . . . yes mate, twin bi-turbo and I'm not budging on the £20K asking price [giggles]"

I have a brother in law who owns a normally aspirated Jaguar XK, nevertheless, he insists that it has a supercharger because the salesman told him it had one, I have shown him what it says in the drivers hand book and had the bonnet up and shown to him that it doesn't have a supercharger, regardless, he closed the bonnet to hide his reality and insisted that it had one somewhere, because the second hand car salesman mate he bought it from had said so.

And I dare wonder where they come from!

I have a brother in law who owns a normally aspirated Jaguar XK, nevertheless, he insists that it has a supercharger because the salesman told him it had one, I have shown him what it says in the drivers hand book and had the bonnet up and shown to him that it doesn't have a supercharger, regardless, he closed the bonnet to hide his reality and insisted that it had one somewhere, because the second hand car salesman mate he bought it from had said so.

And I dare wonder where they come from!

Because we all hate to be wrong :D but some are more stubborn then others lol