The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nice Black TT6 speed ?

Annabella

This one any good for any one? Its a TT originally an auto then converted to 6 speed manual. Black.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172411257570?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Looks tidy and with the manual conversion being back in 2004 id assume any niggly problems that may have occured with it should all be sorted so could be a good buy for someone :)

Have people absolutely lost the plot or what :blink:

Guess people don't know quite how much a conversion knocks the historical value of the car as an investable classic. Maybe people are still buying them to drive, which is a good thing as lots of people were mentioning at the NEC that you don't see Supras on the roads anymore..

Guess people don't know quite how much a conversion knocks the historical value of the car as an investable classic. Maybe people are still buying them to drive, which is a good thing as lots of people were mentioning at the NEC that you don't see Supras on the roads anymore..

They should be driven. Most of the ones I've seen are the UK are hardly worthy of the 'classic' title, just lots of guys who spend more time cleaning the cars and talking crap then actually being able to drive it like they should.

You would need a super low mileage supra to get any serious future investors wet which rules out 90% of the UK market.

They should be driven. Most of the ones I've seen are the UK are hardly worthy of the 'classic' title, just lots of guys who spend more time cleaning the cars and talking crap then actually being able to drive it like they should.

You would need a super low mileage supra to get any serious future investors wet which rules out 90% of the UK market.

Not sure the mileage thing counts. I have a 51 year old Mustang with 37,000 on the clock. Is that 37,000 genuine - I really do doubt that. It could be 237,000 or any other number and it wouldn't affect the standard classic car value at 20 times its original new car price which of course is different to your museum piece classic value which would again be multiples of that.

Not sure the mileage thing counts. I have a 51 year old Mustang with 37,000 on the clock. Is that 37,000 genuine - I really do doubt that. It could be 237,000 or any other number and it wouldn't affect the standard classic car value at 20 times its original new car price which of course is different to your museum piece classic value which would again be multiples of that.

When the supra is over 60 years old we can argue that mileage will be irrelevant. But in today's market, only the best of the best brings in proper money and is worth the long term dedication to keeping it as a collector/investment car. Holding onto an average supra for the next 40 years so that you can sell it at 20 times it's original price is a pretty boring way to enjoy owning a supra imo.

It really depends which car you have as the values for N/A Autos to UK TT6's vary by 500%. Only those with nice out of the factory and largely unmolested TT6's need concern themselves with the enjoyment versus forward investment question at this time. Sometimes, it pays to be boring and I've already driven 88,000 miles in my Supra; a car that is now in semi-retirement.

It really depends which car you have as the values for N/A Autos to UK TT6's vary by 500%. Only those with nice out of the factory and largely unmolested TT6's need concern themselves with the enjoyment versus forward investment question at this time. Sometimes, it pays to be boring and I've already driven 88,000 miles in my Supra; a car that is now in semi-retirement.

88'000 miles (140'000 km) ?! That's too much for a car meant to be an investment, it will never bring in the top money. I'd just keep driving it and enjoying it if I were you.

Take a look at all the factory high selling cars in Japan, none of them have even done 10'000 miles.

Lower miles does equate to higher value but all classics are investible. Even Trabants.

Supra TT6 prices are going up £100 a week for normal distance cars which these days are around 100k miles. More like £200 a week for low milers. Any car with an increasing value is by definition, investible. As for driving it, I have far too many cars to simply just drive these days so it will probably add another 5,000 miles over the next 10 years and I expect will be worth around £30k more than it is today without needing an engine and suspension overhaul in the meantime.

Lower miles does equate to higher value but all classics are investible. Even Trabants.

Supra TT6 prices are going up £100 a week for normal distance cars which these days are around 100k miles. More like £200 a week for low milers. Any car with an increasing value is by definition, investible. As for driving it, I have far too many cars to simply just drive these days so it will probably add another 5,000 miles over the next 10 years and I expect will be worth around £30k more than it is today without needing an engine and suspension overhaul in the meantime.

Better overhaul your brake lines in the meantime judging from your MOT history :p

Anyway, best of luck with your 50k supra.

This will get relisted.

I'd go with that. Its strange bidding to receive a massive opening spurt of 31 bids to a really high level in the first 24hrs then stall with 6 days to go. I'd only value the car at maybe £14k being a NA originally and with an undisclosed box so its more than likely going to become a pulled listing with a day left.

the one from your link it's LHD, they are very, very expensive now. even na a/t easly can cost more than £10k

I'd go with that. Its strange bidding to receive a massive opening spurt of 31 bids to a really high level in the first 24hrs then stall with 6 days to go. I'd only value the car at maybe £14k being a NA originally and with an undisclosed box so its more than likely going to become a pulled listing with a day left.

It was a TT auto originally, just swapped the auto box apparently.