The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wireless engine start systems

Noz

Anyone use anything like this? Just curious really.

I'm installing some pretty awesome micro processors in my car, for various reason. Considering making my own wireless start as well. More of a personal challenge.

Will be adding a few hidden security functions too so it can't allow ease of hot wire. Probably a proximity sensors so it won't function without my keys being close to the car. If anyone can hot wire that then they'd have the car regardless.

Seen a few nice push button starts but never wanted the HUGE button on the dash.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

You mean like the Clifford had. Legal mine field that one. You can't leave a running car unattended by law. What if the customer leaves in gear and it shuffles into another car (or worst starts and goes on a rampage down the street). I'd be inclined to have a good think about that one before committing time and money to it.

Anyway, you need to sort my main beam rings and halo's before embarking on another product :D

LOL won't be buying anything mate. I'll be designing and making the system. Be even worst if it crashes into something else :lol:

Want a nice 4" screen linking to my NozCustoms system. Which will control the advance modern lighting system. No secrets given away! Just looking to advance the car's technology, simple things. Even LED in door handles when you come near it!

If you'd hurry up and commit to buying a set I'd sort it out! August is a long time to wait :cool:

You mean like the Clifford had. Legal mine field that one. You can't leave a running car unattended by law. What if the customer leaves in gear and it shuffles into another car (or worst starts and goes on a rampage down the street). I'd be inclined to have a good think about that one before committing time and money to it.

Anyway, you need to sort my main beam rings and halo's before embarking on another product :D

The Clifford remote start wouldn't start if it was in gear, wouldn't even attempt it.

Only if there was some way of detecting neutral.

It doesnt have to detect Neutral, once remote start is armed the car remains running until you turn on the alarm , then it shuts off the engine , unless you sat in the car with the car in gear , foot on the clutch until you turned on the alarm for the engine to shut off, inevidable will result in the alarm triggering , disabling the remote start , it is safe

"Probably a proximity sensors so it won't function without my keys being close to the car."

"Seen a few nice push button starts but never wanted the HUGE button on the dash."

Could you use a hidden proximity switch as a start button? I.e. so the switch sits just underneath the fabric of the dash. Only you would know where to touch to start? Safe AND sleek. Maybe too sleek though?

It doesnt have to detect Neutral, once remote start is armed the car remains running until you turn on the alarm , then it shuts off the engine , unless you sat in the car with the car in gear , foot on the clutch until you turned on the alarm for the engine to shut off, inevidable will result in the alarm triggering , disabling the remote start , it is safe

Eh?

Just done a heater matrix change on a car with lots of interesting add ons. If I was cruel I'd double the labour charge, the wiring behind the dash was a total nigthmarish mess, and with no thought as to how to disconnect the stuff. Hopefully you will address such issues?

Not sure what purpose a remote start has though??? Never quite understood the desire foe them.

Just done a heater matrix change on a car with lots of interesting add ons. If I was cruel I'd double the labour charge, the wiring behind the dash was a total nigthmarish mess, and with no thought as to how to disconnect the stuff. Hopefully you will address such issues?

Not sure what purpose a remote start has though??? Never quite understood the desire foe them.

Warming the cabin / demisting the glass :)

Worth doing on a daily drive auto IMO, not worth the risk on a manual.

3 alarms, 2 being old unused ones, reversing camera, GPS, somethings mysterious, and about 150 yards of bundled up wiring held together with tape and wishful thinking. Lots of "stuff" with cut off wires just sat there... I have photos somewhere, but I am still too stressed to revisit them at the moment

I so need to see this.

Two old alarms wtf

I have a viper system on remote start, use it every day

Dude, why do you like it so much out of interest?

Only if there was some way of detecting neutral.

I never had to arm my remote start, and the turbo timer/leave running feature was completely separate.

So the device either detects neutral or detects if it's in gear.