The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My experience with SupraStore.com

Guest black_88

Guest black_88

Hi.

I'd like to share my experience with Suprastore.com hopefully, to aware people from that site.

Story starts when my friend upgraded his 2ZGTE VVTi engine and asked if I can find a PnP ecu rather than piggyback, upon searching I found this amazingly guaranteed to fully work modified AEM V2 ecu.

I told him and he gave money to buy it.

Tho I felt suspicious about that site and told him not to blame me if they lied and didn't work.

However they were selling that ECU along with MAP sensor and adapter for 2180$.

Bought it, I received MAP sensor and IAT? Which they never mentioned but whatever. And told me ECU would be shipped alone with adapter. being a while and never got my ECU, I asked their unprofessional customer support.

They replied "it shipped-Track# Delivered" I replied that I never received it, and told them to call Fedex to ask/look about it. After some ignorance and me keep sending emails. They replied "Do it yourself, there is nothing we can do for you"

Anyway, I called Fedex, they apologized about this issue and told me to ask shipper to call them to arrange investigation about this "as this formally must be done by seller".

Sent emails to suprastore.com support again, they ignored me few times then "We talked to Fedex, they can't do anything about this, we did all we can from our side."

Anyway I knew they won't do anything since they got their money and the ECU is long gone for over 2 months.

So tried a case with Paypal, but Paypal took their side "only because" they have Tracking #... Very sad.

So there it goes, a 2180$ scam.

I wish I've searched and knew about their bad reputation on forums before, but too late :(

Stay away from them, no matter what.

Why aren't you trying to find out where fedex actually delivered it along with a proof of signature (if it's not yours) perhaps it will help with who did actually sign for it and at which address?

Chase your bank to refund you the money if the store isnt willing to do that, if you can't

A similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago. Luckily it was only for the sum of £150 (not suprastore either)

Paypal wont do anything if the seller can provide a tracking number and royal mail would also only deal with the seller who had no interest in helping since he had his £150.

Never got my money back or my item.

It seems to be a flaw in there service

How can paypal rule if all they have is a tracking number? it makes no sense.

It would be the sellers responsibility to prove that the parcel has been delivered and delivered at the right address with the right signature via the couriers proof of delivery.

Paypal should also have a responsibility to make sure its actually been delivered to the correct person before ruling?

Assuming you paid by Credit Card then there is full recourse against the credit company for a refund as a HOL ruling did ratify that UK credit protection does extend to overseas purchases. If you paid by PayPal - that's a big mistake as they don't exactly have a fantastic reputation and there are plenty of threads on them detailing how shitty they can be.

Iv just re read this and realised something..

Surely suprastore should have two tracking numbers?

If they sent the ecu and the map sensor separately then there will be two tracking numbers for the two separate deliveries.

My bet would be paypal have asked for a tracking number and suprastore have simply given them the one for the map sensor.. which has obviously been received and therefore been signed for etc.

Ask for the other tracking number and tell paypal the above.

Have you ever tried a dialogue with PayPal and been successful?

I have started disputes with them in the past before and won my case yes.

However i have also lost a case with them when the seller could provide a tracking a number.

However in this instance it just appears there may be more to it.

Suprastore can provide a tracking number clearly, but are they providing the correct tracking number for the package in question.

Either way i wouldnt/couldnt just write off 2 grand.

If it came down to it id find the owner of suprastore and piss on their kids at Christmas.

I got shafted on here back in 2009 when I sold a Momo steering wheel for £50 luckily I always insured my items as I generally don't trust people.

Can't remember the blokes name it was something similar to mustafa some foreign name I posted the wheel tracked and insured with Royal Mail they confirmed the item was delivered and I saw the guys signature which matched his name,However he opened a PayPal dispute and I provided the tracking and signature information to PayPal they ruled in his favour :/

About 2 wheels later he posted a pic of his car surprise surprise with my steering wheel fitted.

I have started disputes with them in the past before and won my case yes.

However i have also lost a case with them when the seller could provide a tracking a number.

I lost a case when the seller provided a tracking number. Idiot actually did send an A5 envelope registered mail with the tracking number. Problem for him was the item couldn't fit into an envelope so he was prosecuted by the police and ended up going inside for 6 months as a repeat offender. PayPal never did refund my money, because he provided a legit tracking number. Didn't matter to PayPal he ended up being prosecuted and jailed, that tracking number was solid gold to them to get out of giving a refund.

This is why I refuse to do any business with companies outside of the UK for anything which has a descent value to it.

So many companies in the Car Industry think, that because there is water between you and them its some sort of excuse or sheild to act like a twat or not bother when things go wrong.

Which is the reason why I think that some of the non UK based paid traders on this site (which make F*** all effort) on this forum should not be allowed to trade on this site.

attachment.php?attachmentid=215722&stc=1&d=1479240072

I hope you get it sorted and find a solution..

likethis.png

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Guest black_88

Thank you all for your sympathies.

I don't think I have any chance now that Paypal took their favor, they won't bother doing anything now.

They never did before.

I'll try answering most of your questions.

Did you pay with a credit card through PayPal? Could have recourse there.

Also surely PayPal would require reimbursement to you as the postal insurance claim will be theirs?

Yes. Not sure what you mean in the 2nd one.

Why aren't you trying to find out where fedex actually delivered it along with a proof of signature (if it's not yours) perhaps it will help with who did actually sign for it and at which address?

Chase your bank to refund you the money if the store isnt willing to do that, if you can't

I did, and still, told them and showed them proof of delivery, they keep saying this must be done by shipper

told them shipper isn't willing to help, still telling me to try with seller to arrange this with them.

Sadly my bank can't do much, since this is an approved transaction done through Paypal.

How can paypal rule if all they have is a tracking number? it makes no sense.

It would be the sellers responsibility to prove that the parcel has been delivered and delivered at the right address with the right signature via the couriers proof of delivery.

Paypal should also have a responsibility to make sure its actually been delivered to the correct person before ruling?

Iv just re read this and realised something..

Surely suprastore should have two tracking numbers?

If they sent the ecu and the map sensor separately then there will be two tracking numbers for the two separate deliveries.

My bet would be paypal have asked for a tracking number and suprastore have simply given them the one for the map sensor.. which has obviously been received and therefore been signed for etc.

Ask for the other tracking number and tell paypal the above.

/QUOTE]

To Rick and HarleyFDMD.

in the case, I explained everything in details with Paypal and showed them the first tracking number name and signature, in comparison with the 2nd one, and told them it wasn't me, I never received my package, and seller isn't willing to contact Fedex to investigate this, more which got me confused, Suprastore.com used 2day shipping on MAP sensor and IAT and economical cheap ground for ECU?

Also including Fedex responses in which seller must contact them to investigate.

After escalating to Paypal, 2 days later, they respond.

"Thank you for contacting PayPal.

The seller has provided valid tracking information to the shipping address listed in the transaction details on the above case. As a result, your appeal can not be granted at this time."

I felt they gave the finger to everything I wrote and came with that when seller updated transaction with tracking number 2 months after transaction, in date of case...

Going around in my car with printed proof of delivery asking about that package (2 months) but no avail. I lost all hope :(

Share your story here: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?990361-What-is-your-experience-with-Suprastore/page3

This way you are sure Mark gets to see it. You can also mail him at [email protected] (owner).

Good luck!

Thank you. I'll try emailing him, wait for his response ,then share my story there.

Again thank you all for your kindness and support.

This is why I refuse to do any business with companies outside of the UK for anything which has a descent value to it.

So many companies in the Car Industry think, that because there is water between you and them its some sort of excuse or sheild to act like a twat or not bother when things go wrong.

Which is the reason why I think that some of the non UK based paid traders on this site (which make F*** all effort) on this forum should not be allowed to trade on this site.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=215722&stc=1&d=1479240072

I hope you get it sorted and find a solution..

How many people are putting business their way for them to log on regularly? Despite what I imagine is little business from our side they still apply to be a trader and their contribution as a trader helps run the club. Look at how quickly he responded to my posts in the MVP threads, better than some of the responses I've had from other traders on here.

I bought a new HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust from MVP, nothing wrong with the service at all and will be using them again. Actually just picked my supe up today from having it fitted (along with some other work) and it sounds great :D

Guest black_88

Update:

Mark wasn't better than his support, and got the same speech.

They did their job according to policy, "Fed X - as he call them", did their job, they can't do anything and no one know where is my 2000$ ecu.

What did I expect? Support follows their idol right?

Better move on finding another ecu.

Thanks everyone for assisting me and help.

This is why I refuse to do any business with companies outside of the UK for anything which has a descent value to it...

If you pay be credit card you are covered by UK credit protection on purchases in or outside of the UK so there isn't a problem security wise where you buy, so long as you pay by credit card.

You say you paid with a credit card (NOT a debit card??) through paypal???

If so you should be covered if you contact the credit card provider and explain that you have been defrauded for a large amount of money. Make it a police matter.. after all they have stolen your money and you didn't authorise them to ...

any qs on how to tackle them pm me

Guest black_88
You say you paid with a credit card (NOT a debit card??) through paypal???

If so you should be covered if you contact the credit card provider and explain that you have been defrauded for a large amount of money. Make it a police matter.. after all they have stolen your money and you didn't authorise them to ...

any qs on how to tackle them pm me

Yes I always use credit card through paypal.

The problem is, already had similar situation on ebay about 3 years ago, went to the bank and told them I got fraud, they said as long as it approved deal, I can't charge my money back, but that was 120$ so could get through with it ok.

This one will leave a deep mark.

I'll check on them next business day and see what are my options, banks are jerks as well.

Wish me luck.

F*ck that. Id be on a plane to the US to bang on the c*nts door!

It makes me mad just thinking about it

/QUOTE]

Trust me, already had that on mind, and worse.

Thinking reasonable, it would be just wasting more money and time.

I'll try and1c advice with the bank, let's hope for the best.

Wish me luck :(