The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1995 UK Spec Big Single Turbo 800+ 6spd Manual

Sheefa

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An absolutely amazing supra! Probably one of my favourites. Great spec! Shame to see it up for sale Greg but I wish you the best of luck with the sale :thumbs:

Thanks Chris. Unfortunately after chatting to James aka Turtlehead the Datsun has stuck in my mind and seeing a few of them made me have heart pangs! Appreciate the kind words mate, thank you.

Hi Greg, you did seem a restless Supra owner at the show. Jake is up for a big single seeing he got a strong offer for his at the NEC so may be worth having a chat with him.

Thanks but Jake is after something else and rightly so, colour wise especially. I would imagine the interest will come from abroad when I advertise on Pistonheads etc next week and if so that's where she'll go.

Thanks Chris. Unfortunately after chatting to James aka Turtlehead the Datsun has stuck in my mind and seeing a few of them made me have heart pangs! Appreciate the kind words mate, thank you.

I love them. Finding a solid one can be a serious challenge. Would you be looking for an original one, a project or modify one using modern components?

There was a Super Samurai in the Silverstone Auctions at the show.

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1973-datsun-240z-super-samuri

I love them. Finding a solid one can be a serious challenge. Would you be looking for an original one, a project or modify one using modern components?

There was a Super Samurai in the Silverstone Auctions at the show.

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1973-datsun-240z-super-samuri

I'm open to options Pete but my heart says original. Paint can be good/average but mechanically sound.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice car glws. You'll regret it. :D

Possibly......:innocent:

I saw this car at the weekend at the NEC it is very nice and if a sorted high powered supra is what you are after I don't think you can go far wrong.

What is happening every one who had cars on the stand at the NEC seem to be all of a sudden buying or selling their car!

GLWS though.

Have you considered returning it back to standard the selling all the updated parts as I am sure that would be more lucrative!

Coorrrrrr. Yes :) That's the kind I am looking for.

I saw this car at the weekend at the NEC it is very nice and if a sorted high powered supra is what you are after I don't think you can go far wrong.

What is happening every one who had cars on the stand at the NEC seem to be all of a sudden buying or selling their car!

GLWS though.

Have you considered returning it back to standard the selling all the updated parts as I am sure that would be more lucrative!

Thank you. I would rather sell as it is given the spec and also time. I don't wish to break it and I haven't the time do to it either.

Hello Greg, I owned a silver 240Z for twenty years, until I sold it 6 years ago and bought a Supra!!!

It was one of the best original, unrestored 240Zs in the country and I took it to all the Classic Car shows, including the NEC

They are fantastic cars and very reliable, but were made with thin metal intended for selling in the dry states areas of the USA

ARPUS ( Steve )

Thanks all for the nice comments. Really do appreciate it :)

Steve - good to have some insight first hand into the 240z. I am looking at a restored one at present but budget is limited so I'm going to struggle. I don't have the time for a restoration project really sadly. I'll keep looking and any tips appreciated. Thanks ;)

Personally I'd look to get one straight from Japan, or if you can cope with LHD, somewhere like New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada etc. Some of the prices being asked in the UK for RHD cars is ridiculous, you can buy a nice RHD one in Japan or Australia for much less.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.