The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEC 2016 pics

rider

Stand looks a bit more spacious this year,sadly didn't make it down !

We did spread out as we set up and found extra bits of carpet to lay down. There was a good, safe gap between the cars so people weren't having to push against the cars when passing between the cars.

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone involved in the planning, the set up, for helping out on the stand over the weekend and the meal on Saturday Night. We all had a fantastic weekend and hopefully we represented the MKIV Supraowners in positive way and helped to spread the word to more Supra Owners too.

I would like to say a special Thank You to Ellis for designing and printing the information boards for the cars, they were fantastic and well received and Barry (Rider) for standing in at the last minute (after 18 years of Supra ownership and never attending any events). Hopefully , we will see you again at another event soon.

There is a link to a drop box for the pictures of the Supra stand: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vn8brs3b3j10iu2/AACSgmlSLXfx1M1F28UDAJoea?dl=0

and another link to the other cars on show over the weekend: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1hegvsb5wr8lr0l/AABEqAUZIWZVo1w8u2cKWyfZa?dl=0

Cheers

Jackie & Ian (IAN IAN)

Great set of pics there Jackie. The cars all went down really well with the crowd; a good colour and spec mix. We were only missing a stock UK car but Mark (blythmrk) who I chatted to yesterday is localish and keen on adding one of his cars to the line up next year (I have PM'd Ian about that).

For anyone like me who has never showed before its a great venue to show off your car. Had lots of people asking if I'd sell mine to them so for anyone considering selling theirs its an open market with hundreds of potential buyers turning up and there were on top of that 4 people I talked with sold on or already seeking out a Supra for the first time. I thought my late entrant would be the patina car with it original paint and lack of bling but I was amazed and really quite made up how well it was received by the punters and Toyota GB group that visited the stand.

Although I'm a shy kind of guy who doesn't come out to this kind of event often I would definitely be interest in helping out again next year if there are slots available.

Great set of pics there Jackie. The cars all went down really well with the crowd; a good colour and spec mix. We were only missing a stock UK car but Mark (blythmrk) who I chatted to yesterday is localish and keen on adding one of his cars to the line up next year (I have PM'd Ian about that).

For anyone like me who has never showed before its a great venue to show off your car. Had lots of people asking if I'd sell mine to them so for anyone considering selling theirs its an open market with hundreds of potential buyers turning up and there were on top of that 4 people I talked with sold on or already seeking out a Supra for the first time. I thought my late entrant would be the patina car with it original paint and lack of bling but I was amazed and really quite made up how well it was received by the punters and Toyota GB group that visited the stand.

Although I'm a shy kind of guy who doesn't come out to this kind of event often I would definitely be interest in helping out again next year if there are slots available.

Looked like a great weekend !

I wouldn't mind doing it next year but the way my car is it might not be what the people want to see, im guessing mainly stock body cars ?

Looked like a great weekend !

I wouldn't mind doing it next year but the way my car is it might not be what the people want to see, im guessing mainly stock body cars ?

We do try to keep the cars a stock looking as possible because it is a "Classic Car show " not a sports/race/performance type of show but we do have room for one " show stopper " to kind of show the public what can be achieved with a supra with out being too OTT, its not just the car its the members as well who are willing to stay on the stand and chat to the public, and also are willing to have to car at the show from Thursday afternoon to the Sunday night after the show ends, a big commitment, time off work, Hotel expenses etc

Cheers

-Ian-

its not just the car its the members as well who are willing to stay on the stand and chat to the public, and also are willing to have to car at the show from Thursday afternoon to the Sunday night after the show ends, a big commitment, time off work, Hotel expenses etc

Cheers

-Ian-

But it does have to be said the level of organisation you and Jackie put in makes it a pleasure and smoothly run show to attend. And lets not underestimate the sticky buns you provided at the end of the show!

Great cars on the Supra stand :cool:

That 2000gt :drool:

Stunning huh Id never seen one before!

The White one, looks fantastic. Thanks to you and your dad polishing it. Anytime you 2 are in or around Shropshire do drop in. I have cloths and polish waiting!

Hope you have decided to keep yours.

:D you realise we didnt polish it right :p If im up that way i will be sure to swing by with the wax...

Cool pics Jake :thumbs:

cheers bud